Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

So is anyone looking for a great senior dog near Ann Arbor, MI? Unfortunately the timing is really bad for us (travel, kitchen remodel + 2 small children).

Adoptable Standard Poodle: Frankie: Petfinder

He's 8 years old, neutered male with shots. His nose (see pigment thread! LOL) appears to be a dark black although he's got some white hairs that I assume are from age. According to the folks at the Humane Society, he was taken in as a stray, but the family couldn't pay the board fee and claim him because they were loosing their home and couldn't afford to keep him.

I've been every 2 days or so to brush him and give him a little attention. He's wonderful with my 15 month old. Pretty mellow unless he's near water... tried to take a volunteer dog walker swimming. Has a slight limp, I suspect it's because he's 8 and may have some hip issues. Stood pretty well for my lame brushing attempts.

I'm just so bummed that it's a really bad time for us to adopt a dog, but am trying to tell myself that another wonderful dog will come along at the right time.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I can't take the spoo, but I am in your area! I didn't know I had a neighbor on here :) I live in Ypsi, but groom in saline/milan area!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
He is adorable and looks like a very happy boy. I love his expression. He just wants someone to play with him!

Good luck on finding this boy a great home.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! He got adopted last Friday. He's probably happily adjusting to his new home right now...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts