Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
During my limited pedigree research I came across a lot of Pinafore dogs so I looked them up. One, they are currently active in the show ring. Two, they have many many champions in their breeding lines and three, their dogs are very typey and in my opinion beautiful. I don't know about health of lines so that's obviously something you'd have to research further. I just liked the look of what I saw.

I know nothing about Graphic but I can ask my friend for you.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Both VERY famous lines !!!!! Have produced some GREAT dogs but ... I would go with other lines. Just my preference. Smaller breeders have more control over testing and especially over puppy socialization and are more readily available for personal and continuous support. Both breeders did not pass my "friendliness" test LOL, something that is VERY important for me, but it is just me .... I do not like to see puppy sale as a "business" transaction and I want to have a saying in what puppy I would get.

If you are looking strictly for a show dog - than they might be a good source for healthy dog with great potential. Just be sure to get that contract RIGHT !!!!!!! And also make sure that you make naming rule clear !!!!!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
They seem to have very nice dogs, Patrick, my spoos grandfather is from there (Pinafore), and he reached his 100th best in show last march, he is Unique Reach for the Rainbow x Warwick White Delemma. There dogs do look quite nice, but I have had no personal experience.

I do know however, that one of there silvers "Pinafore Seabiskit" has produced 5 puppies with addisons. 2 from same dam, and 3 from different others

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
They seem to have very nice dogs, Patrick, my spoos grandfather is from there (Pinafore), and he reached his 100th best in show last march, he is Unique Reach for the Rainbow x Warwick White Delemma. There dogs do look quite nice, but I have had no personal experience.

I do know however, that one of there silvers "Pinafore Seabiskit" has produced 5 puppies with addisons. 2 from same dam, and 3 from different others
That's good to know thank you for sharing that information. Since I want a silver in the future it's good to know what to avoid.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, thanks for that info, I'm of to check pedigrees. I guess that's what Cbrand meant, I'm not buying directly from either of those breeders. But both dogs being used in the breeding are from those lines.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Susan Cook from Marquis Diamond Standard Poodles use's pinafore lines in her breeding program. So you dont have to go to penefore to get a heavy lined penefore poodle.

Also, Ive seen graphic dogs in person and they're beautiful. However, I also met this breeder in person at a ahow and wasnt impressed. Im big on having a relationship with a breeder that I get my dog from and I didnt feel that way when meeting the breeder with Graphic. The feeling just wasnt there. Plus, she will not allow her dogs to be registered UKC which I feel is being block minded. Exposure and having fun with your dog showing in any registry should be the least of a breeders worries in my opinion.

I like having the option to do both AKC and UKC. I asked the graphic breeder about this prior to meeting her and I still wanted to consider her because her dogs are very pretty. After meeting in person I knew what my decision would be. I continued looking at different breeders and lines.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
That's a very good point. What is it with standoffish behavior in breeders? Don't you want to stay in close contact with a person that wants to buy your dog? Unless you are going to keep them all, one would think that would be important to build strong relationships with those that take your pet quality puppies so that you get repeat buyers and good homes for those you can't keep.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess I had an unusual experience. The breeder I've talked to most, is so sweet! She's not having any litter soon, but she co-owns/bred some of the dogs, I'm looking at. She has several related dogs and invited me to her house to meet them. She answers all of my emails in a day or two. She encouraged me to go to the show this weekend and told me to make sure I track her down when I get there.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I guess I had an unusual experience. The breeder I've talked to most, is so sweet! She's not having any litter soon, but she co-owns/bred some of the dogs, I'm looking at. She has several related dogs and invited me to her house to meet them. She answers all of my emails in a day or two. She encouraged me to go to the show this weekend and told me to make sure I track her down when I get there.
Hey, it's all about personal experiences! One person's winner is another person's loser. :) Are you going to the show this week-end?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is a different breeder in TX and yep, I'm going to the show. I may have to buy a biohazard suit though, lol. I can't seem to get over the flu and I don't want to give it to anyone else.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Just saying about pinafore seabiskit,

he has sired at least 27 litters according to poodle health registry, and only 4 litters have had puppies with addisons. And it does lead to suggest that it is more the dams side than anything, (not sure if I'm correct about genetics)
But I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss pinafore, they do have lovely dogs.

But also, Whisperwind seem to have nice silvers, not sure about their actual breeding though

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I'm sorry but even one having it and he shouldn't have been siring anymore litters. It's just common sense to nip things like that in the bud early on.

I was just on Whisperwind's website and they have lovely dogs.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
This is a different breeder in TX and yep, I'm going to the show. I may have to buy a biohazard suit though, lol. I can't seem to get over the flu and I don't want to give it to anyone else.
Oh I see. Bah humbug to the flu. Hope you recover sufficiently to go! And take photos. :)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I'm sorry but even one having it and he shouldn't have been siring anymore litters. It's just common sense to nip things like that in the bud early on.

I was just on Whisperwind's website and they have lovely dogs.
Anyway, Pinafore Seabiskit isn't owned by Pinafore, but rather Somanic in the UK
So I don't think he is in their breeding program

1 - 20 of 37 Posts