Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We made the decision today to put Gracie down. Even though she still was able to follow her favorite person (my dad) around the house (some of the time), she couldn't jump up on her favorite furniture anymore and she also didn't want to eat without a lot of coaxing. She had a lot of trouble breathing and we knew she was uncomfortable.

Gracie wasn't shy about letting people know how she felt about things, and she was true to this until the end. She loved my dad tremendously and stuck by side even at the vet office.

She joins her sisters, Matilda and Princess, in the afterlife. She will be missed by her fur siblings, Miracle and Jasper, and all who loved her on this earth for who she was. We were blessed to have her the 9.5 years that we did. 20181226_120746.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,622 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. It’s the final kindness we can do for our beloved pets, but it is never easy.

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
I'm so sorry. You did the loving thing, gave her a wonderful home.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
So sorry for you and your father's loss. It takes real love to know when to let go..you did the most unselfish act of love for Gracie! Bless You.

·
Premium Member
22,982 Posts
I am sorry to see your sad news. It is a generous act to make this decision. I hope knowing that and having the mental picture of ehr running and playing without any physical limitations makes this hard time easier for your dad and the rest of the family who knew and loved her.

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
Condolences and hope you will always remember the happy times with your Gracie.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Oh, I'm so very sorry to read about Gracie. I haven't been here in a long time and this is such sad news to see. You were indeed blessed. That's the happy part. And she was lucky to have such a loving family. I'm really sorry that you lost her and I know how much you'll miss her. But it will get better in time, you know that. (((hugs))) So very sorry.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
To Gracie,

Thank you for your gift of love, the life you shared and the memories that will forever be held close to the hearts of those who loved you as you loved them.

RIP

1 - 17 of 17 Posts