Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I flew to Houston to get Zoe - she has been with Betty Brown since mid-September. It was certainly a joyful reunion!

Here is Zoe's take:

I had a big day yesterday. Betty groomed me and put my crate in the van. Then she put me in the crate and we drove for a couple of hours - the traffic seemed pretty bad! When she opened the van door, there was my Mom! Mom was really excited to see me and I just kissed and kissed and kissed her!

Then we went in the big building named airport. Mom bought me a plane ticket from Houston to Albuquerque. She also had to pay for my crate to go there because it was too big to be considered a "suitcase". After getting the ticket we started through the airport. Everywhere we walked, people smiled at me and some took pictures of me. So I put on my very best prancing walk so everyone could admire!

We sat on a little sofa for awhile and some really nice children came over to talk to me and pet me. They were great! Then a lady sat down next to us and she petted me and told me how pretty I was and that I reminded her of a poodle she had a long time ago. I'm glad she had such good poodle memories!

Mom took me to "the dog restroom". It was smelly. I could never use a smelly restroom, so I refused to. So she gave up and we went walking again so everyone could see how cute I am. After a long wait, I found out what the strange purse Mom was carrying was for - she put me in it! It was not all that comfortable, but Mom insisted that I had to stay in it while we were on the airplane.

Once we got on the airplane, she put me under the seat in front of her. The sound of the airplane made me really sleepy - and, besides, I was pretty tired from having to show off in front of all the people in the airport. So I slept all the way from Houston to Albuquerque.

One we got off the plane, Mom let me out of that little bitty crate. We rode in a bus and after a little while there was our truck! That's when I knew I was going home!

When we got home, Opal and Cruise were glad to see me and I was glad to see them! I was glad to see Molly, too, but she did not seem all that pleased. Oh, well, you can't be best pals with everyone!

Mom says I am never going off again, but I can tell you that I do miss Betty and Kennedy (my mini poodle pal at Betty's house). Mom says I'll see them again, though.

So all is well . . .

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Sounds like a smooth trip home with a very happy Zoe. Glad you’re both home safely.

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Johanna I am glad everything went smoothly. I think Lily wouldn't have liked the smelly doggy bathroom either. Those special girls of ours can be fussy, can't they? Have a great holiday reunited at last.

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
What a wonderful reunion - sounds very happy indeed. I loved to hear about Zoe prancing and showing off - isn't that just like a poodle - and making so many friends, poodle memories both new and old. Happy Holidays!

·
Premium Member
9,621 Posts
I’ll bet a pretty poodle would get lots of attention at our airport! Glad she is home for the holidays.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Glad to hear the trip went well! I was at the Houston airport Monday and wished it had been a day later to see little Zoe prancing through! I did think of her the last few months when I drove through Plantersville each week to visit my Mom.

Zoe, Glad you are home where you belong and hope your visit to Texas was a good one!

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
OH ZOE! You must've been sooooo happy to see your Mom again! I heard she really really really missed you and she just couldn't wait to see you again! I'm glad it was a happy reunion and that your trip home went well!!!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
So happy for your reunion!! I bet you are all having a wonderful time! I know you have missed each other very much. So happy you will be together for the holidays.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts