Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week was Rory’s fifth gotcha day - boy does time go fast.

Here he is on the day:

And on gotcha day the first (I will never get tired of this photo!):

Here he is freshly groomed yesterday and absolutely glowing silver:

In January we got our first title - trick dog starter. This is a brand new title in Australia as of 1 January and our club held the very first trial so we are among the first 30 or so dogs to have this title. The sport is a bit different here than in the US. It is undertaken like all other dog sports with multiple qualifications under different judges required for each title. So we entered three rings and got our three passes so that was very exciting.

Here’s Ro with his ribbons:

It has been a crazy summer here, with terrible bushfires, the world’s worst air quality (from the bushfire smoke), record high temperatures, massive hailstorm that destroyed over 30,000 cars (including mine ) then this week massive storms and flooding. So definitely ready for some good news!

(Rory is always good news)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Good boy, Rory! And lovely photos. He is a very handsome silver.

Reactions: Muggles

·
Registered
592 Posts
Thank you for sharing the lovely pictures with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,688 Posts
Congratulations Rory! So handsome and clever.

Heartsick over those terrible fires as very good friends live there as well as so many natural treasures. Please contribute to the Australian Red Cross or any other relief charity. (Sorry, not sorry, for the PSA.)

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
WOW lots to celebrate. Happy birthday ???. He’s such a gorgeous boy and so photogenic. Love the photos.

Congrats on the tricks title. Interesting that you trial for tricks.

Very sad to read of the devastation due to climate change. (((Hugs)))

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
The sweetest boy ??. Happy 5th, Rory - you got a great family! Congratulations on your new tricks title-that was a good amount of work for you both.

Muggles, I am so sorry about your car, and for all the extremes happening this year. It's been shocking and heartbreaking.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Congrats Rory - such a handsome guy - love his coloring. Fires and monstrous hail - what a trial for y'all. ((HUGS))

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Congratulations ????? Rory? I'm so sorry that you guys had to deal with the extreme fires and weather due to climate change. I'm also sorry about your car.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Happy gotcha day and congratulations on your trick dog title handsome Rory!! I can only hope that Aero develops into such a beautiful silver color. Always enjoy your pictures. :) Also love your special pillow!

Thinking of you in this devastating time in your country.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Happy 5th Gotcha Day Rory! You have a good mama!

Thank you for sharing his pictures... and the one as a puppy... gave me my puppy fix for the day, and makes my puppy fever a little stronger!

So sorry about the fires, the hail and your car and the climate change. That is so much to deal with. Sending good thoughts your way.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone! We’ve had a fair bit of decent rain, a lot of the fires are now out or at least contained, but unfortunately I doubt anything of value will be done by our government in terms of climate change. It is a very frustrating time.

My hail smashed car was finally written off (after many weeks of constant frustration with my insurance company) and I’ve bought a new one, just gotta wait now!

And Rory is still the best pup, we are getting some lovey autumnal weather now with beautiful crisp morning which he loves. He’s looking forward to the sunroof in the new car (just got to keep it under cover hahah!)

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Thanks everyone! We’ve had a fair bit of decent rain, a lot of the fires are now out or at least contained, but unfortunately I doubt anything of value will be done by our government in terms of climate change. It is a very frustrating time.

My hail smashed car was finally written off (after many weeks of constant frustration with my insurance company) and I’ve bought a new one, just gotta wait now!

And Rory is still the best pup, we are getting some lovey autumnal weather now with beautiful crisp morning which he loves. He’s looking forward to the sunroof in the new car (just got to keep it under cover hahah!)

Yeah, it's very frustrating.

I'm glad you got a new car and that your old one was written off?

Good boy Rory! ??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts