Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still having problems with daisy she is nearly 6 and a half months old.
I take her for walks more than 5 times aday to ensure she gets clean,she goes out first thing in the morning and does a poop and a pee,does a poop everytime we go out but is still peeing in the house.

Within 10 mins of going out this morning she has done a poop in my kitchen,will she ever get clean :( its starting to really upset me becuase iv done all i can :(
Any advise please:crying:

·
Registered
478 Posts
I've learned with my very hard to potty train Chinese Crested that when they still want to do those things, they should NEVER be out of your site in the house unless they are crated or in a puppy pen. Meanwhile, we ended up pulling up our carpets (for more than this reason) but it helped because it took away places I didn't even know she had marked. Is there anyway you can make sure the "smells" of her past accidents are really clean so she isn't tempted by them?
Also, I have a few pairs of potty pants for Torie (my girl) and so when I was beginning to trust her more, I still put those on her - then I could keep checking them to make sure I am right about her trust worthiness. Now, she is doing very well, but I still know on really cold days, or rainy days that I need to keep her close (since those are days she doesn't like to go out and will stay by the back door to go in).
But I can't stress enough that right now, your little one shouldn't get ANY time in the house away from you so she doesn't have the opportunity to sneak away and try something.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you I will have to watch her more some times i am out a bit so she is in her crate she knows when she has done something wrong and i know because she will sit and look at me sheepishly it gives it away :( hope she gets clean soon it has been hard

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Do you have her on a schedule?
I don't leave food or water out all day, until they are housetrained. I bring out food and water for only 30 min, 3 times a day. Then walk her 15-30 min after you picked the food and water up.
(Remember to praise them "like a crazy person" when they go outside) Once they realize that you get soooo excited if they go outside - they seem to want to work towards getting that behavior from you every time.
I would also suggest, if you can't watch her crate her.... and make sure you clean the spots where she went with something that removes pet odors.
A little tip someone once gave me (and it's pretty nasty) but if she poops in the house pick it up and take it outside where you want her to go and leave a little on the grass. Take her to that same spot every time you take her for a bathroom break. If they smell their own feces they tend to go in that same area every time.
I couldn’t believe it when I heard it the first time, but after trying it – it worked like a dream!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
that's what my dog trainer said to do also! ginger couldnt be totally trusted till she was maybe 7-8 months. she would go behind the chair and poop! ugh! it was awful! Thank goodness she's good now. We also got rid of the rug! lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts