Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I joined a month ago, I only had a black toy named Dixie (who was 2 months old). Now, I have a second poodle, an apricot poodle named Ginger who is 3 months older than Dixie. Ginger's last owner moved to an apartment and gave Ginger to me for free so my poodle would have a friend. Ginger is more reserved than Dixie and likes to cuddle. She is also twice the size of Dixie. Why does Ginger like to cuddle but Dixie doesn't?

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
How nice of you to take this dog -maybe Ginger will teach Dixie to cuddle. Wish you much joy of them.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Good luck with two. Its great you took Ginger in. I don't know why Ginger is more a cuddle than Dixie. I guess dogs like people have different personalities. I'm sure Dixie will learn to cuddle as she get older and calmer.

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
How wonderful that you were able to take Ginger in.

Dogs have different personalities, some are cuddlers and some are not. Some are too busy as puppies but become cuddly when they settle into adulthood. My dog is what I call a leaner. She doesn’t like to sit in my lap, but she loves to lie next to me and lean into me and put her head onto my leg. And it’s very possible that Dixie will copy Ginger and become a cuddler too. Dogs are hardwired to learn by watching other dogs.

Since Ginger is new to your household, she is being cautious in her behavior. You’ll see, slowly over the next few weeks as she becomes more comfortable with you, Dixie and the routine that her true nature will blossom.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Oh how nice and wonderful. I think it is great to have 2 so they are company for each other. With one I had no personal time, as I felt sorry if I was not playing with or holding them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts