Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We live in the same county as Ithaca and we usually take a walk with Gorky on Sundays. This day is no exception and it was hot and humid. Gorky was very happy and because of this we were very happy. Here are some pictures of the walk.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
There's that young man! He is sooooo tall like Ivy. It is horribly humid and hot here too. Good thing you went to water!! Hope you enjoyed your day. He is still holding a nice brown color.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ollie, we actually don't air dry Gorky. We have a regular dryer and we use it in the beginning, but don't fully dry him. Then we let Gorky rest a bit and dry it more thoroughly. I guess it is sort of air dry. He has very curly hair, and can be almost dreadlocks. His brother has much straighter hair. Anyway why deny the curls. I have them too and I can remember in the 60s when I ironed my hair, used large rollers and straightened it. I am so glad anything goes now. I feel the same way about dogs too.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Awww, there's that handsome Gorky. Looks like he and you enjoyed your day by the water. Definitely a day to be by the water.... geesh... a few days ago it was snowing out... today in the low 80's in READSBORO, can't imagine how warm it was out there with you guys!

I agree, nice to see that Gorky is still such a lovely brown. Yeah, love the dreadlocks... Ivy has that...lol.

We found an absolutely WONDERFUL home for Ivy yesterday. She is going to be the only dog. The ladies mother has Alzheimer's and she stays with her once a week and does reading therapy with children with the use of dogs, so Ivy is going to have a lovely time and continue doing what she was doing here. We were sad to let her go, but so, so glad that her home is going to be perfect for her.

BTW...I watched that video you have of Gorky and his brother.... I could not believe how TALL they are...lol. Thanks for sharing pics of your day with Gorky. (still think that is the neatest name for a dog!!)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it is sad that Ivy is leaving you, but I like the idea of teaching children to read with the use of dogs. We were hoping to use Gorky as a therapy dog in the future. I hope the new owner joins poodleforum and we can all keep uptodate with how Ivy is doing.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Gorky looks like he is really enjoying the day! It looks like you had a beautiful walk with the open spaces and water. I bet it is fun watching the boats.

I also thought how his brown looks like a deep mahogany. Just gorgeous! What a lovely boy!

I'm glad Ivy got a good home doing what she loves. I'm really going to miss her. I do hope the new owner will keep us updated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts