Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wonderful video - what a good boy! That's a good idea to document the stages they go through... I'm going to go do that with my pups! Too cute!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We usually use the clicker method, but didn't use it on the video. We firmly say down with a hand movement looking like stop to get him to go down. We do not look at him and our posture is very straight and it seems to be working. Of course Gorky is in the privacy of his own home. Out in public is another story.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
He's such a good boy! He did well. I have started with the clicker too. Billy is a lot like Gorky. He doth protrest at first but then he knows he has to do it and stops protesting. I have to do the same thing with him...no looking directly at him and a very straight posture for him to respond properly. It is so nice when you have a trained dog.

Outside in public is a big challenge. We knew it would be and found out it was so last week. So many interesting things to look at and smell!! But, we have to continue to train them in public as well if they are going to do well in obedience in the ring.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with you that training is all the time. We have a problem with Gorky jumping up on his walks when he sees people to greet. There is constant training for that.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
He is so beautiful. I know I was supposed to be concentrating on all of his wonderful training, but I have to admit.... His freshly shaven feet looked so smooth. He is very gentle and sweet with the cheese.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My husband thanks you, I thank you and Gorky thanks you for all the nice comments.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts