Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we had Gorky taken for a new haircut. He had a great day with the groomer's dogs as well. We are quite pleased with the cut. We are going to groom Gorky ourselves eventually, so we have really studied the cut for future reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Gorky's new hair cut looks great. Glad his visit at the groomers went so well. Love his color, looks so rich.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
He is gorgeous! It looks like you have some pictures of his new doo. Just make certain you have some close up shots like how they blended the chest to the legs, how did they blend around the tail, or details that may be hard to see from a full photo.

You got some really wonderful pictures showing his expression. He looks like a model!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
He is sooooooo handsome! I agree with BFF....gets lots of good pictures because it is a really big help when you need reference.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
What a handsome, handsome boy.... not that I am prejudiced since I have his sister....lol. :) Seriously, he looks great in his new "doo". Wish the pics were a bit larger to see him better.lol.

I see Gorky is getting big fast too. I am amazed how big Ivy is seeing how small she seemed just a few short weeks ago. :)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
He's just beautiful!! He looks so silky and shiny! I'm freaked out about the whole grooming thing! I think it's a lot harder then I thought!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Oh, Heather. Have you tried grooming yet? I had to learn because it would just be too expensive to have all of our spoos groomed professionally. Plus, I love the bonding time it provides. I didn't find it to be really hard. I read grooming books and studied pictures and then had at it. When I finished, I would post photos of what I did for feedback; which is invaluable.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Oh, Heather. Have you tried grooming yet? I had to learn because it would just be too expensive to have all of our spoos groomed professionally. Plus, I love the bonding time it provides. I didn't find it to be really hard. I read grooming books and studied pictures and then had at it. When I finished, I would post photos of what I did for feedback; which is invaluable.
I used to groom my 2 Yorkies and I loved it! They were so good and you're right is was a really good bonding time! Plus they always looked so pretty when I was done so it was rewarding! :p:
Yesterday I decided Rogan could use a slight trim on the face and so I got out my clippers. He was already trimmed at the breeders so I was just going to take off a little and see how he was with the whole process. Ya well, he was not good at all! :go-away: He was more interested in attacking the clippers and barking at me then sitting still to let me do anything. So I ended up just letting him get used to the sound, smell and look of the clippers and rewarded him when he didn't react to it when I turned it on. It looks like it will be a slow process, but I've watched enough Cesar Millan to know how to go from here... SLOWLY! Lol
I'll get there... in the meantime, I might book him in at the local groomer and just watch how they do it... I can always use some tips from the pro's!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts