Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading the other naming thread, & didn't want to derail- but what goofy names (other than reg or call names) do you end up calling your pets? (Glad to know I'm not the only guilty party calling out 'Poodle!', lol)

Pearl is 'Madam', often "Poody" or "PoodleDene" (sung to "Maybelline"), but mostly 'Woollys' (pronounced like "Phyllis").

Don't know why or how they evolved, but they seem to make her laugh.

Bella is "Bellaboo", or "Boodle"- Alf is still just Alfie. We haven't had as long to get creative. :)

Looking forward to hearing the things you *really* call your poodles!

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I call Vegas: Vegs, Handsome Man, Sweet Boy, Cutie, Sweetie, Buddy/Bud (used the most)

The cat, Obe, has similiar boyish petnames as Vegas

Precious, the fat boxer mutt is sometimes called: Fatty, Dumdum, Princess, Girly, ect ect

And each gets their own four letter nickname when deserving of it!

·
Registered
752 Posts
For Liberty: She's called Libby more than half the time I bet, lovebug, Kissyface, babes, Libby Lou, sweetie

Cosita: Cosita loquita bonita chiquita, That's all one...lol! Whinybutt, fluffernutter, Spunky monkey, sweetie, babes, Crazy galoot,

And often I call them both my curly grrrlies.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
lol! Riki my lil foxy X has; Riki-babe, bay, rik-bay and bikkie-bay. lol
Paris really only has her name with a french accent & rolled 'r' (Par-reeee!) although 'boof head', 'pooofy', 'silleeeee' and 'dork!' get used a lot too... hehehe.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Lol, Saffy is sometimes Saff... or her full Name Saffron...

Her other name, lol, through a typo once, is Daff or Daffy lol

Duke gets called Dukey-Wukey somtimes lol .. or "Dook"

Coco is "Coco-Woco" or Cacao Bean.. or Coco-loco ... or Coco Moko ... or Coh-Coh... or Coco Chanel lol..

and Walter usually just gets called his name, in a really slow deep voice "WAHLLLTEERR"

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Tynkerbell, I would have to say has the most, she is tynkers, tynk, stinker tynker, stinky tynky, baby, Q-tip (only by my husband) lol

Kiara is Ki-ki, Ki (pronounced key) I sing her name to volarea? tune not sure how to spell it lol, princess, mrs perfect lol, they are both refered to as mrs fluffy pants.

Banjo our main coon I refer to him as bandaho, banjo bear, banjo buddy, buddy, baby, handsome man, honey. there are more I know it, I just can not think of them right now lol!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Tate gets called Poodle a LOT. Really, more often than Tate. I'm still training MYSELF to use Tate, and sometimes feel silly calling him that and mainly telling people who knew him as Pierre/Perry. (They're always like, "...Tate? Tate. Ok... um... come here Pierr-Tate! I mean Tate!" lol)

ANYVEY, his nicknames are Tater Tot, Peanut Butter (a left over from being Pierre Bear... PB), Midget, Little Man, Poodle, Poo Poo, Pew-dahl, Poodie, Wiggin and Fourth (from the Ender books, Orson Scott Card. In the book people call Ender "Third" because he is a rare third child, so we call him Fourth... because he is our fourth doggy!)

My other babies have nicknames too, but that's a lot to list!

I'll throw the cat in real fast.. lol... his name is Ickis Inky Binx and we call him Ickie, IckIck, Ickie Bo Ricky, and IckityIckIck. :) He answers to them all!

·
Registered
152 Posts
My Belle gets called belly-belly, belle-belle, poodle, and the 1 that started as a way to make my sons roll their eyes poodle-woodle-puppy wuppy

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Matrix is usually called Matey, but his other nicknames are Matey Batey, Matey baby, baby Matey, little Matey, pickle, booger.

Mitchell is usually called Mitch, but his other nicknames are bud-bud, pickle, mitchy moo, itchy mitchy, stinker.

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Chagall gets called, "My Sweet Little Man," "Messieur," "Buddy," "Lovebug," "Depardue," "Monkey Toes," "Kiss Your Face." It's a wonder he hasn't run away from home yet!!

Reactions: liljaker

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These are delightful to wake up to w/ coffee! (Esp with this nasty rain; the kids didn't let the dogs in in time, & now I have 3 mudders to bathe & a floor that *really* needs mopping. In the kids' defense, they were out saving a baby chipping sparrow that fell out of the nest. Happily I think I got it back in the box in time.)

I have these visions of being at the dog park, & hearing, "Stinky! Booger! Q-Tip!, come!", or calling, "Poodle!" & seeing a herd of spoos all charge me at once, lol.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Riley (lab)..even tho he is the biggest and oldest will always be my Baby Boy, Riley Boy

Robbie (Blenheim Cavalier)..Bug..cuz he is cute as a bug, a cuddle bug and bugged Riley when we first got him..

Cedar (Ruby Cavalier) Cedar Dedar, Dedar, Sweetie

Flyer (Poodle)..Brat child (given to him by his breeder), Fly, Fly Boy

and all 3 of the little dogs are known as the Little Monsters especially when talking to Riley about them..LOL

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Lacey=poodle, Lace, Lacey Gracie Greenhorn (her registered name is Hycontry's Miss Lacey Greenhorn), Greenhorn, the magic poobra, poobra (my husband likes to take her neck skin and pull it out like a cobra, poodle+cobra=poobra) poob

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Mine get shortened;

Oreo becomes O, Coco to Co, Tootise to Tu, Peaches to Peach; Tod, Gab, Clem, Char.

I also use Goofy, Cake (my favorite food group), uh hhhuuuhhhh! (singing), nu uh! (singing), Uncle (my husband)......

·
Registered
885 Posts
We call Lexi a poodle chu after pikachu from Pokemon. We also sing the tigger song from Winnie the Pooh, but change the words to "oh, the wonderfull things about poodles are poodles are wonderfull things, ect."

·
Registered
642 Posts
Ooooh! I love this thread! SOme of the nickanmes we have for Ralph are:

-Ralphie (of course)
-Poodle pants
-Poodlum (like hoodlum but in Poodle form)
-Barf-olomew (when he Ralph's up something)
-Tough guy
-buddy
-Ralphie-Lou-who

1 - 20 of 42 Posts