Poodle Forum banner

Goofing around in the backyard

3K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  spoospirit 
#1 ·
Just a couple of random shots from last weekend and today of "the bean" (yeah thats what I call her - Saleenie Beanie...) in the yard.

Not realy what the tunnel is for....

Attack Poodles!!

Guess she learned the tunnel.... I tried to warn Mr. Wonderful to move... LoL.

See less See more
#4 ·
In the second pic it looks like Jazz is going to eat Saleen's face off. LOL We noticed that the poodles do gravitate toward their own. It's kind of weird how that happens.

Looks like your getting ready to do some planting. We're still waiting for the rest of our snow to melt!
:sad: I think I'm jealous.

#5 ·
Yup, those two rose trees that I just HAD to have and paid quite a bit for and now I can't figure out where to put them ROFL. I have pics of whats already planted and blooming in the general chat section.

All the dogs seem more than happy to help us dig up the yard LoL

#9 ·
I have noticed her coat begining to have a little bit of a blue-ish cast to it, so I guess thats some of the silver comming in? Other than that I am surprised that she isn't lighter, guess I though she would turn faster? I dunno, her feet are still really dark - which is good for her because it takes mommy longer to notice she's been in the flower beds LoL.

The pond isn't finished, we haven;t been able to do much work on it at all with all the rain.

#14 ·
Great pics of spoos having fun. I love the one of Saleen laying in the tunnel. Looks like she is getting comfy with it and you won't have any problems sending her through it, great way to get them accustomed to the "scary tunnel thing"....lol.

AND, look at that GREEN GRASS under their feet... man am I jealous! *chants* I want green, I want green, I want green.....
It is only low 30's and raining and chilly and cold and miserable here!!! Saw my first Robins out in my yard this morning... I feel bad for them out in that yuck!!

Glad to see you and your dogs are enjoying green growing stuff. :)

#15 ·
I think I am missing out I only have two dogs! Been trying to talk myself out of a third lately as T's breeder is expecting a litter early May from T's sire which may, just may have silvers. Haven't even broached the subject with the OH, haven't put my name down with the breeder either so the pups may all be spoken for. Trying to keep this my little day dream but every now and then I come up with perfectly valid reasons as to why I should get another.

Repeat to self "No more dogs, no more dogs, no more dogs" - yep that didn't work :biggrin:

#17 ·
Well I know for a fact there will be no convincing if I don't get Mandy to stop barking whenever he comes in the room.

I plan to train allspring and summer with hopes of saying lets try another in the fall before snow flys again.

YIKES we got snow today I am ready for warm wind and sun to get outside tiring them out.

#18 ·
Good luck with your plan. The more, the merrier. Right?

We got snow also today and yesterday. It's that crazy time of year. We were outside in our short sleeve shirts last week and now we are hunkered down in the house again. The dogs are getting cabin fever and it's getting harder to keep them entertained. I shaved their feet and can't leave them out long for play time. Why, I even found one of my horses in the shelter today. They never go in there even in a snow storm. I am in Vermont. Where are you?

OK, repeat after me. Summer is coming, summer is coming, summer IS coming! LOL

#19 ·
Hey Hey!!! Shhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know how hot it gets here in Summer?! Holy cow, don't rush that. How about enternal spring?? Can we hope for that instead maybe??

Speaking of cold.... sheesh, all that planting we did because winter was over and spring was here and all.... NOPE. The weather forcast below freezing, 30 degrees tonight and tomarrow. We brought in everything that wasnt already in the ground and covered what we could but alot of the plants are on their own. Darn! It's like god just said, Hahahahaha Thanks for playing!!!! :p
Right now the temp gauge is reading 45 degrees...

#20 ·
I am close to Niagara Falls Canada and we actually have a couple inches of fresh white stuff on ground. Dogs want to go run but wow would they be a mess after that one.
Maybe before I go to work then they can go right to crates and smell all day while I gone and be dry when I get back.
Snow tires were taken off car last Friday LOL Thankfully daughters still has hers on as she moved back to town for 4 months and drives 90 minutes to work and back now.

#22 ·
Snow tires were taken off car last Friday LOL Thankfully daughters still has hers on as she moved back to town for 4 months and drives 90 minutes to work and back now.
Oh, boy! Snow tires off?! That would be asking for trouble here. We never take them off until the end of May. Even then there is no guarantee that a freak storm won't hit us. We had 18" of the lovely, white stuff several years ago on May 30th. It was quite a shock and as I was driving a school bus in the mountains at the time, it was quite a tense day as well.

Wonderpup - at this point, I consider 45 degrees to be a heat wave. LOL. After I acclimate in the fall, I can go outside for short periods like pottying the pups in 30 degree weather. It all depends on what is going on with the wind and humidity. I have seen warm 30 degree days and freezing cold 50 degree days.

I can't wait to get up to a nice, warm 50 degree day again so I can go horseback riding and bring my spoos!!

#21 ·
As pretty as I bet the snow is I am glad I am not you! I'm a weenie when it comes to cold lol. This morning when I got up the temp was 40*, I thought to myself, "OMG!!! it really really really COLD!!!" LoL, probably isn't cold to you though lol.

I can't imagine Jazz and snow.... Oh what a mess we would have

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.