Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I haven't updated you all on what was going on but I needed time to get my head and my heart around everything. On Thur. we heard from the vet that his liver was being damaged by the meds. My husband and I talked about it and really felt that it wouldn't be fair to Sport to keep going down this road. He wasn't acting like himself anymore and couldn't do many of the things he loved. So we made the decision and had him put down yesterday. I was with him the whole time and he went like the gentleman that he had always been. It was a very long and heard day. The vets told me that I made the right and caring decision as he e lasted too long and would have became less like himself as time went on.

Thank you all for being here for me. For listening and supporting and giving me encouragement. It has meant a lot and I want you all to know I appreciate it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry for your loss Trillium We have been in your shoes twice this past year and I can tell you time will ease the pain and memories will keep him in your heart Take care

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear about Sport. I am glad you were able to let him go. It's a gift to him. Nothing is worse than loosing one early.

He has brought awareness to this condition. Which I can imagine can go undetected very easily.
So everyone if you find strange bruising on your dog, it can be a sign of something very serious!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I am so sorry Tillium for your loss. This is a hard decision to make for our furry friends but one that we make with only love and compassion in our hearts. Thanks for letting us know you have been in my thoughts....
They never live long enough do they :(

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
My condolences to you and your family.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
:crying: :hug: T, God bless you and your family in this difficult time. You are the kind of owner that I always prayed I would be sending my adoptees/rescues to. You did what you could and didn't prolong any suffering for Sport, but let him tell you when he was ready to go. He couldn't have had a better family than you, your hubby, kids and his furry sisters - He was blessed to be with people who loved him!

I'm crying real tears as I write this as I had the same decision to make last May with my Meika - and to this day I know I did the right thing, but it doesn't help me miss her any less. Praying for strength for you and your family as you continue your grieving process - time does heal, as does the support and love of family and friends. God bless you. God bless Sport.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I am so very sorry also.
Doing the right thing is never easy... but because of your love, you do.
Hugs across the miles,
Karen

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
My heart and prayers are with you at this time of loss. I am here for you if you need me. RIP Sporty. What a sweet soul you were in life, and you will be welcome over the rainbow bridge I am sure. xoxo

·
Registered
229 Posts
I am so so sorry for your loss! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time! Big hugs to you!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. As most of you know its been a hard time for us. We appreciate all the thoughts and prayers.

We are going to take Betty Jo and Jenny to obedience lessons this afternoon and then head out to a park with them for a while. Just to get out of the house and keep the kids busy. Its better then staying around the house and dwelling on things.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I'm sorry, too. I had to make this decision last July with one of my cats. It's never easy, but it is comforting knowing that you made the right decision. They are with us for such a short period of time, but add so much to the quality of our lives. The best gift we can give them is to let them go when it's their time.

If I were reincarnated as a dog, you are the kind of owner I would hope to find.
:hug:

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
So sorry for your loss. Sport sounds like a wonderful dog who will be dearly missed. I hope knowing you did everything you could for him makes this difficult time a little easier.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss.
I am sure you did the right thing Sport is running around now in doggy heaven :angel:

Big hug from me and all my spoos

·
Registered
109 Posts
My thoughts are with you, I too have had to make that hard decision and it is never easy. You did the right thing. Take comfort in the fact that you gave him a wonderful life with a warm loving family. They really don't live long enough, but the time we share with our beloved pets is priceless.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I am so sorry for you and your family.

You did the right thing for Sport.

Take care of yourselves.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts