Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly, we have had to say goodbye to Pogo. A few weeks ago it became clear that his tummy troubles were something more serious than normal poodle sensitive digestion. We kept him as comfortable as we could. Eventually, however, we could see his energy was failing and his eyes were dulling. We made the decision to let him go while he was still mostly happy and cheerful.

·
Registered
7,326 Posts
So sorry, it’s always such a hard decision. (((Hugs)))

·
Premium Member
23,386 Posts
Oh this is very sad news. However as I was saying to my training assistant at my club yesterday as hard as these decisions are for us it is in the end very generous to our fur friends to let them free from earthly burdens before they are unbearable.

·
Premium Member
9,762 Posts
I am so sorry. It is hard to let them go, but it is a final kindness. The only regret I have ever heard from a devoted owner was that they waited too long, and the animal suffered. Condolences for Pogo and hugs from Houston.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pogo is waiting for you across the Rainbow Bridge.

It is so difficult to be compassionate when you so very much want to keep them with you but I commend you for putting Pogo's needs before your own. That is the epitome of unconditional love. ❤❤

May the Goddess hold you in her arms and ease your sorrows as Pogo passes into the Summerlands. Blessed be ❤❤.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Pogo. I haven’t been on the forum long enough to hear all the stories but I do know how hard it is to make such a difficult decision and to say, “Goodbye.” My heart goes out to you.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all. It's obviously a little rough right now. It was very difficult watching him run up our hill, Galen in hot pursuit, and hop into the truck as he had done so many times before. Then to watch Galen afterwards looking in the hiding places in the yard for his buddy.

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
I am so sorry. The hardest decision to make, but he has been saved from a slow and possibly painful decline. Look after yourselves and each other.

Reactions: cowpony

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
so sorry to hear tihs news please take good care ((HUGS))

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
My condolences. Those decisions are always tough, but made with love.

Mia mourned Zulu for five days. She came home from the groomer's, he wasn't there, she took a nap. A few minutes after she woke up, a very determined look crossed her face and she ransacked the house looking for him: behind couches, under tables, in impossible spaces. When she didn't find him, she laid back down and slept for five days, waking up just long enough to nosh or potty. On the sixth day, she woke up back to her usual self and wanted to play.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts