Poodle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Dog Plant Water dog Dog breed Carnivore

I keep Bobby is a short, sporty clip. I keep it short all year but letting it grow out just a bit in the winter. I always used to have him professionally groomed, which I loved, but his groomer moved a year ago so learned to groom him myself. I definitely haven’t learned to accomplish the same look but I love the curly look so I manage well enough. During the summer I don’t use a dryer so he is nice and curly after his bath. I definitely thoroughly comb and brush him before he is bathed either the same day or the day before. I put in a leave in conditioner and brush him with a human wet hair brush after his bath. Works great! Since I do this he’s easy peasy to brush and comb when dry. In the winter I do dry him as I don’t want him being outdoors all wet when it’s freezing and below.

I recommend a more powerful clipper to get through the thick coat on the body. I am pleased with this Andis model. It moves through the thick and curly coat well.
The Bravura 5 in 1 or similar is a must. I use it pretty much everywhere else. I definitely recommend the metal comb set to go with the Bravura. It works great for the legs, the ears, blending and to touch up the body after using the Andis corded. And of course the face, feet and sanitary.

Textile Cosmetics Brush Office supplies Material property

If you decide to not use a dryer I highly recommend a nice leave in conditioner after the bath and towel dry. A lot of people don’t but I think it makes things way easier for combing and brushing after the bath and in between baths.
I love this stuff but it may be difficult to find. I’m guessing any good leave in would be good.
Bottle Wine Fluid Drink Material property

I love this dryer. Not super cheap but not high end expensive either. I love it because it’s powerful but I also love it because the air doesn’t get hot. I have the two speed.
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Fender Fuel tank Gas

Hope this helps! Bobby is pretty easy peasy as Standard poodles go. I love the short sporty look and the ease of care. 😊

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I have been really pleased with the Bass brand brushes. I have both the slickers and pins and I think, for the money. they are very nice. They are definitely more affordable compared to the high end brushes. I like the wood handles too. Feels nice in my hands. My favorite comb is another matter. I have the CC 005 butter comb. It was hard to plunk the money down for that but I have no regrets. Love this comb. It’s not necessary as there are less expensive combs that do the job but I do feel this one goes through the cost easier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts