Poodle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Get a clipper with high RPM. Oster, Wahl, Andis all make good options. This is where I spent my money and I have no regrets. I personally prefer corded clippers, but my dog has a thick, harsh coat and I don't always prep it well so I find the cordless aren't strong enough. I normally keep her coat short - usually shorter than that picture - and anything longer than that picture and I'm hand scissoring, not using clippers.

I don't own awesome brushes, but do recommend finding a comb with very long, wider spaced tines as they make maintaining tail, ears, and head so much easier. I think my current comb is Andis.

I have mid to low range shears (Kenchii show gear) and they work quite well. Definitely invest in a pair of straights and a pair of curves for the tail, head, and tidying up edges of the legs. 5 min with shears makes a huge difference in how finished a groom looks.

For dryers, I'm happy with my Shelandry dryer. It's potentially not as strong as the more expensive options, but is 'good enough' for my grooming and a massive improvement in speed and hair straightness over a human hair dryer. I love the heat setting (which I use at the beginning and end of the groom) and the continuously variable fan speed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts