Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how many of the Ontario members feed their poodle raw, but just thought I'd share a supplier my mom found through her raw food list who has very good prices! I won't post her exact prices as they apparently fluctuate depending on the market, but the email she sent my mom contained about the most reasonable costs we've seen yet. She's based in Bowmanville. We were actually considering getting a meat grinder, but with these prices, think we'd struggle to actually make the cost worthwhile. Plus we'd rather someone else have to deal with the mess!

http://www.yourbestfriendsfood.com/

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
It is not hard to make your own raw food at all. One of the best receipts I ever found are on the Tiara Poodle web-page !

Meat does not have to be ground at all, BTW. For a small breed though one can just chop meat to smaller cubes.

I would rather know what is in the "raw feed" ; ), even more so than a best kibble. :)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is not hard to make your own raw food at all. One of the best receipts I ever found are on the Tiara Poodle web-page !

Meat does not have to be ground at all, BTW. For a small breed though one can just chop meat to smaller cubes.

I would rather know what is in the "raw feed" ; ), even more so than a best kibble. :)
Oh this is not for raw prepared food, it's for raw meat!

She supplies:

Chicken Frames
Beef Muscle Meat
Coarsely Ground Beef Offal
Frozen Omega 3 Eggs (cracked)
Ground Chicken
Ground Lamb
Ground Turkey
Ground Tripe
Pork Necks
Pork Pieces
Tripe (Beef)
Turkey Necks
Venison
Alfalfa
Colloidal Silver
Kelp

I totally agree with you about the premade raw food though. We bought it once in an emergency (I managed to feed the dogs twice what they should be eating while dog sitting and ran out) and my mom was not impressed with what she saw in the bought food. We have found you even have to be careful with buying ground meat, some of it is very poor quality!

We don't currently really feed our PWD ground, but my mom was thinking of it as she recently cracked a tooth on one of the bones... But you're right, we will probably just cube it. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts