Poodle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

Registered
I've been planting like crazy in the new little greenhouse my husband just built--its almost full but I can still hang some planters from the rafters lol. The tomatoes are doing great in there, so I just transplanted some succulents from the house into the greenhouse too. They're kind of funny looking once they start sprouting, putting babies out to root. So they can spread all they like in the greenhouse :)

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk
Why do I find them cute? Does anyone else think that some plants are cute馃

Super Moderator
I had an entirely normal weekend day, doing normal things I would do without a virus around. The puppy now has his third set of shots, so I took him on a long long walk outside our neighborhood. I wanted him good and tired. We ended up at a park with a boat landing, where he got to be nose to nose with his first pond ever. He was pretty startled to learn he can't walk on water. I didn't try to force him or encourage him once he decided he didn't want to want to go in past his front toes. The water is still cold. When we got home he fell asleep quickly and was yipping in his dreams. I then took Pogo on a nice walk up to the same park.

Registered
Not sure if this counts as good news, but yesterday was the 7th anniversary of my husband's and my engagement, and Sunday is our wedding anniversary. (Yep. It was a whirlwind!)

This time of year gets me feeling nostalgic, so I dug up our wedding video. Here it is, in case you're in the mood for a little modern romance:

I like knowing we could have fallen for each other the exact same way even during lockdown. Gives me hope for what's possible in these strange times.
Happy Anniversary! Thank you for sharing your story. :)

PS...Your hair is so beautiful! I have major hair envy!

Registered
The good news is that the tornado did not hit where I live last Friday. It was close-by, it was fast and it was headed our way. Thank goodness it went farther north before it touched down on the ground. There was some damage from it (about 8 miles north of where I live), but it was pretty minimal, and no one was hurt.
Glad you and the pups are safe!!

Registered
Not sure if this counts as good news, but yesterday was the 7th anniversary of my husband's and my engagement, and Sunday is our wedding anniversary. (Yep. It was a whirlwind!)

This time of year gets me feeling nostalgic, so I dug up our wedding video. Here it is, in case you're in the mood for a little modern romance:

I like knowing we could have fallen for each other the exact same way even during lockdown. Gives me hope for what's possible in these strange times.
So sweet!!

Registered
Here's some good poodle news!

Clallam County Sheriff's Office

CCSO SEARCH AND RESCUE TEAM RESCUES PUPPY WHO FELL OFF A CLIFF

On May 1, 2020 at around 3:20 P.M. the Clallam County Sheriff鈥檚 Office received call about a 7 month old standard poodle that had fallen off of a cliff near the 300 block of Lower Dam Road, Port Angeles. The puppy, Zola, jumped on a log, lost her footing, and fell until she landed on a small ledge about 80 feet down. Although out of sight, Zola could be heard barking.

Responding Deputies evaluated the situation and requested assistance from the Clallam County Sheriff鈥檚 Volunteer Search and Rescue Team (SAR) to perform a steep angle rescue.

A SAR member was able to rappel down to Zola and secure her in a rappelling harness for dogs. Once secured the two were pulled up to safety. While visibly shaken, Zola appeared to be uninjured. When asked 鈥淲ho鈥檚 a good girl?鈥 Zola declined an interview and refused to comment.

Super Moderator
I got a utility vest from Duluth Trading. It's supposed to be for gardening, but I'm using it for dog walking. It's got a gazillion pockets. I can carry all my treats, poop bags, phone, gloves, and other stuff I want to bring. Like most Duluth garments it is generously sized. I can zip it over a heavy fleece jacket with no trouble.

Super Moderator
Not sure if this counts as good news, but yesterday was the 7th anniversary of my husband's and my engagement, and Sunday is our wedding anniversary... so I dug up our wedding video. Here it is...
That's the sweetest modern day love story! So glad you two found each other and the video made me smile. Thank you for sharing!

Premium Member
cowpony I loce a good vest with pockets! I have more than one so that when I need to wash one I can pull out another and when it gets too warm for it I can put my fleece lined one away.

Super Moderator
cowpony I loce a good vest with pockets! I have more than one so that when I need to wash one I can pull out another and when it gets too warm for it I can put my fleece lined one away.
I've been looking at photography and fly fishing vests for a while. It's just that most of them come in tan or army green, both of which are hideous colors on me. I know, shallow. Especially since utility vests are not a flattering garment regardless of color.

Registered
I also ordered a multi pocketed travel vest, which is also a color of khaki (the only one available) and is the worst possible color on me. I am researching what kind of dye will work best on the fabric! Just wrote the dye people to see what color they think I could use on it to have it maybe go teal (instead of some even worse color than it already is).

Premium Member
One of my travel and training vests is a scottevest (RFID protecting) garment. They come in a number of colors

Registered
We have a new next door neighbor! A brand new baby boy named Jude Patrick, born to our neighbors, just about 24 hours ago. Mom and baby doing well last we heard and expected to be home on Thursday. Their little 18m old girl, Vera, is now a big sister :).

Registered
How nice! I planted my garden in the rain today, and as every year I planted broccoli, marigold, cabbage, marigold, herbs, marigolds etc until the whole garden was done. I stood up happily and then noticed a whole other tray of bedding plants I forgot about! So I squeezed the extra plants in where I could and it will be fun mystery garden surprise as they mature AGAIN this year! The marigolds are to ward off pests and I don't know if it works but I do it every year. They are also edible, I read.

Registered
Apparently it is a certain varieties of marigolds that keep the pests away.
"Marigolds 鈥 The marigold is probably the most well-known plant for repelling insects. French marigolds repel whiteflies and kill bad nematodes. Mexican marigolds are said to offend a host of destructive insects and wild rabbits as well. If you choose marigolds for your garden they must be scented to work as a repellant. And while this plant drives away many bad bugs, it also attracts spider mites and snails. "

Registered
Apparently it is a certain varieties of marigolds that keep the pests away.
"Marigolds 鈥 The marigold is probably the most well-known plant for repelling insects. French marigolds repel whiteflies and kill bad nematodes. Mexican marigolds are said to offend a host of destructive insects and wild rabbits as well. If you choose marigolds for your garden they must be scented to work as a repellant. And while this plant drives away many bad bugs, it also attracts spider mites and snails. "
What are spider mites? I don't want to look it up myself because I'm afraid of spiders and don't want to see photos. But spider mites are just mites right?

41 - 60 of 94 Posts