Poodle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 94 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #22
Happy Birthday! Nothing I like better than clam chowder and cheesecake. I have been making cheesecakes for some 15 years and they are my husband's favorite. He will beg me to make cheesecake, and always a cheesecake for his birthday so you are in some good company. Hmmm. Think I'll make a cheesecake - I have all the stuff so no trip to the grocery involved.

Super Moderator
Galen might have a new friend. One of the neighbor dogs is a very skittish shelter rescue. This dog has meltdowns in the presence of most adult dogs. Today the other owner and I let Coco and Galen sniff noses at the ends of our six foot leashes. Coco handled the introduction with no drama, which is amazing considering the normal fear aggression. We are going to set up some play dates to foster the friendship while Galen is still small enough to be non threatening.

Registered
I am still working from home and possible will be through May. Since I normally don't cook a lot (never) I've never really bothered about my crap dishwasher and malfunctioning and possibly hazardous gas range. Well, I'm sick of cereal and cheese and crackers and microwave meals. I'm getting my sil to go to Lowes and pick me out some new appliances and install them. If I have to be here at home for another month I should be eating better. Plus I can make puppy treats!

Super Moderator
I am still working from home and possible will be through May. Since I normally don't cook a lot (never) I've never really bothered about my crap dishwasher and malfunctioning and possibly hazardous gas range. Well, I'm sick of cereal and cheese and crackers and microwave meals. I'm getting my sil to go to Lowes and pick me out some new appliances and install them. If I have to be here at home for another month I should be eating better. Plus I can make puppy treats!
Ooh nice! Last year I got a new dishwasher that came with a third rack. It never occurred to me to want one. Now I'm using it all the time for go-cup lids, long spoons, and all the other things I used to shove awkwardly into the silverware holder.

Registered
I'm going to get my Nexplanon check on Monday馃榿. I haven't been doing so well. My mood has been up and down. (I probably have PCOS, but I do have endometriosis) I have dealt with possible PCOS for years, but everyone just thought I was moody. It wasn't until it started to get worse and I couldn't train Sisko and I had psychosis (worst and scariest time of my life) that my family realized something was very wrong.

I was doing so much better when I got the Nextplanon, but within this month I have been on a emotional roller coaster, so it might be because something's wrong with it.

Premium Member
I'm going to get my Nexplanon check on Monday馃榿. I haven't been doing so well. My mood has been up and down. (I probably have PCOS, but I do have endometriosis) I have dealt with possible PCOS for years, but everyone just thought I was moody. It wasn't until it started to get worse and I couldn't train Sisko and I had psychosis (worst and scariest time of my life) that my family realized something was very wrong.

I was doing so much better when I got the Nextplanon, but within this month I have been on a emotional roller coaster, so it might be because something's wrong with it.

I am sorry you have had ups and downs but hope it goes all for the good ASAP.

Registered
I'm sure all this stress doesn't help either! I read this book called vinegar girl, where the family just left their dishes in the dishwasher and took clean ones from there as they needed them, and rewashed the whole load after every dinner. I started doing that at work because there are so few of us in the office, but I'm washing everything I can. And also if I don't unload it, I am not totally comfortable using any dishes because what if my employees don't wash their hands, lol.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

Registered
I'm sure all this stress doesn't help either! I read this book called vinegar girl, where the family just left their dishes in the dishwasher and took clean ones from there as they needed them, and rewashed the whole load after every dinner. I started doing that at work because there are so few of us in the office, but I'm washing everything I can. And also if I don't unload it, I am not totally comfortable using any dishes because what if my employees don't wash their hands, lol.

I hope they wash their hands.

Premium Member
The good news is that the tornado did not hit where I live last Friday. It was close-by, it was fast and it was headed our way. Thank goodness it went farther north before it touched down on the ground. There was some damage from it (about 8 miles north of where I live), but it was pretty minimal, and no one was hurt.

Registered
I've been planting like crazy in the new little greenhouse my husband just built--its almost full but I can still hang some planters from the rafters lol. The tomatoes are doing great in there, so I just transplanted some succulents from the house into the greenhouse too. They're kind of funny looking once they start sprouting, putting babies out to root. So they can spread all they like in the greenhouse :)

Registered
Not sure if this counts as good news, but yesterday was the 7th anniversary of my husband's and my engagement, and Sunday is our wedding anniversary. (Yep. It was a whirlwind!)

This time of year gets me feeling nostalgic, so I dug up our wedding video. Here it is, in case you're in the mood for a little modern romance:

I like knowing we could have fallen for each other the exact same way even during lockdown. Gives me hope for what's possible in these strange times.

21 - 40 of 94 Posts