Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Catherine suggested that I start a good news thread in these times of the covid. I thought it a great idea so here we go. We need such a thread to get our minds off of the trials and tribulations. It should be tons of fun for posters and readers.

I'll start. i am finally getting my right meds on Monday. I am overjoyed as it has been very very difficult without my critical meds.
Our good friend and handyman came today and cut down our front yard meadow and the driveway. Asta is so happy to have a place to run instead of incessant leaping (although it was fun watching him jump) It will be good for training too:)
Am catching up with Gunsmoke and The Virginian. Watching with my husband - gives us relaxing time together.

Now everybody pitch in and share your good news!

·
Registered
311 Posts
My good news is my husband almost finished my new greenhouse! It just needs a door. I'm acclimatizing my tomato plants outside and taking them in at night, but soon I'll be able to put them in the greenhouse (we have still been getting heavy frosts at night but warm sunny days).

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts
Lovely idea for a thread! I finally started the diet I’ve been putting off for years! I have lost a few pounds. Being in lockdown has helped me focus on being helthier and use the neglected treadmill :LOL:
Miracle played fetch with me for the first time ever the other day. I have tried to get her to play fetch with me since I adopted her 2 yeas ago!
This is so wonderful!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Lovely idea for a thread! I finally started the diet I’ve been putting off for years! I have lost a few pounds. Being in lockdown has helped me focus on being helthier and use the neglected treadmill

This is so wonderful!!
Do you like beets? I've been eating this grated raw beet and carrot salad with orange segments and pea shoots. It's really good but wow is it filling! One bowl and I can't eat anything more for hours

·
Registered
247 Posts
Do you like beets? I've been eating this grated raw beet and carrot salad with orange segments and pea shoots. It's really good but wow is it filling! One bowl and I can't eat anything more for hours

Yes I do. That looks very nice! Ive been looking for something low cal and filling so I’ll definitely be trying it! Thank you!

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
Great idea....good news!

We did some nose work today outside and I used some very tricky hides in the grass. I was amazed at how quickly she found them. Dogs just like people have biases of where they think scents are hidden. They spend lots of time learning to find scents in boxes, on objects and furniture. It’s hard to get them to just search on a wide open flat ground, they tend to go to bushes and flowers and garden ornaments. I was thrilled she left her biases behind and concentrated only on the odor.

·
Premium Member
9,489 Posts
I’ve been a little worried about my brother. He took an early retirement package after a career with one of the big oil companies in their international group. He’s one of those guys with no hobbies...He started teaching a petroleum engineering course at the local university this spring and is a big hit. I know oil is worth less than the barrel it’s stored in at this point, but my brother is exactly the type those students need to hear from and learn from. The good news is he’s enjoying the experience👏🏻

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Bonus is I’ve gotten a lot of home projects done, even took out the sewing machine to make some outside pillows. Problem is that’s all I’ve done is take it out, the material and machine are sitting there waiting for me in silent accusation! Maybe this weekend.

Another bonus is I am making bread again, not so good for my waistline but it is delicious!

Another bonus, Gracie’s weaves are looking pretty darn good, and I’m loving being home every day.Next career: stay at home dog mom.

·
Premium Member
9,489 Posts
DH is learning his way around the grocery store! He ventured out, goggled, masked and gloved with a paper list, arranged by aisle to the best of my recollection. He got most of it, bless his heart. Went off script a bit. He must still be preparing for the vampire invasion since we now have another 7 bulbs of garlic!

·
Premium Member
22,760 Posts
I have been able to take Javelin (and sometimes Lily too) out to train at the place we normally take class and privates. No one other than me is going and the guy who owns the printing business in the front of the building is happy to have me. Amazingly even though we really hadn't done anything since around March 15th up to last week Javvy remembered everything and we have been making some shaky things much better.

This started out scary but has ended well. Peeves was limping last week and he had a flair of his prostatitis. Our regular vet is pretty shut down so we took him to the large practice which has 24/7 hours and is much better set up to be able to get the patients in and out without their people than many places. We got an Rx of meloxicam which he has never had a problem with but this time he ended up inappetive and and was severely suffering malaise. We took him back and he now has doxyxycline and an antacid. Within just a few hours he perked up and got his appetite back. Se we went from worrying we were possibly going to lose him to thinking he believes he is 11 months rather than 11 years old.

·
Premium Member
9,489 Posts
Two Covid 19 survivors, members of a good friend’s family, are donating blood plasma at John Hopkins tomorrow. Global scientists need data if they’re going to find a cure or improve testing. This young couple could have just thanked God, but are really paying it forward.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I delivered groceries to a nearby first nations reserve today. They have closed the reserve to visitors so I had to be screened to get thru the highway checkpoint. Anyway, I dropped off the groceries, which included $100 worth of baloney for kids' lunches. I daydreamed on the way back what I would have made those kids for lunch. I think it would be a big batch of walnut mushroom "meat" cooked with fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic, pureed celery and cilantro, and taco spices. Then I would serve it on fresh hot Bannock with salsa and sliced tomatoes and lettuce on the side, with cookies warm from the oven and lots of fresh fruit. It was a fun daydream :)

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
Good news is big and small, I am still working. One of the fellows was kind enough to liberate these two trash pandas
image000000(1).jpg

All creatures great and small deserve a chance
Dropped in a pallet and these two scampered away

·
Registered
354 Posts
Today's my birthday. At my age, they're all milestones.

We celebrated with clam chowder and double chocolate cheesecake from my favorite restaurant and gave Normie an extra walk.

No visit from our son and his family this year thanks to the virus, but calls from everyone and a wave from our daughter through the front door.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts