Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He got to see his doctor today. She said that in all likely, if he’d had IVD she would have noticed signs of it herself, especially since it’s been going on for a little while. So she thinks he strained his neck jumping on the bed that one time, and daily activity has kept it from healing.

So for that I have to restrict his activity, don’t let him jump (as much as possible), and keep using methocarbamol. also, she gave him tramadol for more severe pain. She just said to let her know in a week or two if he seems healed and is feeling better.

As for the constipation, she thought the bloating was probably a lot of gas at times also, and that makes him terribly in pain. She did bloodwork to make sure he doesn’t have an infection is his gastrointestinal tract. He wS also running a slight temp.

I’ll hear back about the bloodwork tonight or tomorrow morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Whew! That's very good news!? now to keep him quiet. .that's a trick sometimes.
I hope his tummy issues clear up pretty soon. That can be very uncomfortable poor baby. I bet you are so relieved that it isn't that other serious thing.

Reactions: jojogal001

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you PB and MF. You don’t know how just relieved I am! All those nights I’ve been up with him most of the time because he was in pain and then hearing it could be IVD just made me so exhausted! I hope he feels ok tonight and I can sleep well. That will be nice for a change!

Oh I have to add on that Zeke was a mighty warrior today lol. While we were in the exam room a dog came into the waiting room that was just barking and snarling and sounded extremely aggressive. Zeke got between me and the door, lifted his tail and head as high as possible and was on high alert lol! “I’ll protect you mom!” He was fine until we went out the door and saw the pit bull trying (against his owner’s restraint) to lunge at him and tear his head off. Zeke quickly got to the door.

·
Registered
67 Posts
He got to see his doctor today. She said that in all likely, if he’d had IVD she would have noticed signs of it herself, especially since it’s been going on for a little while. So she thinks he strained his neck jumping on the bed that one time, and daily activity has kept it from healing.

So for that I have to restrict his activity, don’t let him jump (as much as possible), and keep using methocarbamol. also, she gave him tramadol for more severe pain. She just said to let her know in a week or two if he seems healed and is feeling better.

As for the constipation, she thought the bloating was probably a lot of gas at times also, and that makes him terribly in pain. She did bloodwork to make sure he doesn’t have an infection is his gastrointestinal tract. He wS also running a slight temp.

I’ll hear back about the bloodwork tonight or tomorrow morning.

Such great news!!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Oh geez, that makes me so mad about the pit! I'm so sick of going to the vet's office and having dogs be aggressive left and right when my dogs are already stressed enough to be there. Glad Zeke got out safely :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts