Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning to all of you!

My name is Karla and I have an 8 month old Cream Colored Standard Poodle. His name is Magnus, named after the worlds strongest man competitor. He's 54 pounds and spoiled rotten.

I'm fortunate enough to own my own business so he gets to come to work with me every day and is the official greeter!

Glad to be here and hope to spend some time reading articles and getting to know every one.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Welcome to you and Magnus!! What a nice jon he has, greeting folks at your door. And most Spoos are beautifully equipped for just such a job. We love tro see photos here, so when you get a chance, that would be lovely.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
He's lovely! Welcome to the Poodle Forum. We're very happy to have you with us. Aren't they just the best ambassadors for their breed?

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Welcome very cute and a big boy too!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, welcome. He's a handsome boy. And he looks so big! How tall is he?
If I measured correctly (from the top of his shoulder bone to the floor) he's about 21.5 inches. That may or may not be the correct place to measure him.

The breeder we got him from said that he was going to be a big dog which is exactly what I wanted. I know he's bigger now than my 9 year old male Boxer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He came from a breeder in Keller, Texas. He was a rescue but not in the traditional sense of the word.

We had contacted a local Poodle rescue in May and got on her list for a dog. She called us in July and said that she had a 9 week old cream colored male that needed a good home. We'd never discussed having another puppy so we really had to decide what we wanted to do.

His breeder and his breeder's mom both have big standards and they were trying to breed Royal Standards. They had a littler of 8 males and sold all but my baby. They were going to Nantuckett for 2 weeks for vacation and didn't want to board the baby for that length of time. So she contacted the rescue lady here and the rest is history.

Two weeks later the rescue lady contacted me again and said that his brother was also up for adoption if we were interested but at that time I couldn't imagine trying to raise another one much less being able to afford twice the vet and grooming expenses. That being said, I'm pretty sure there will come a time when I have another one, no doubt.

It's amazing how much a part of our lives he is and how well he has just blended in with us.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Welcome, fellow Texan! Do you go to any dog shows? There is one coming up in Abilene and I'm considering going. I'm near Lubbock, btw.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts