Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, I woke up fed Willard, and let him out into the yard to do his business.

Willard charged out with enthusiasm. Umm, what's so exciting out there bud?

SKUNK!

I go out into the yard, and scream every command Willard has ever heard, and he pretty much ignores all of them. At the closest, Willard was probably 5ft away from the skunk. By some incredible stroke of luck, the skunk did not spray, and I was eventually able to get a hold of Willard, before he got into trouble.

Wow. That was a lot of excitement first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Buy a lottery ticket....haha, today’s your lucky day. Thank goodness the skunk didn’t spray Willard or you.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Whew! Close call. So, do you keep a can of Skunk-SmellBGone at your house?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whew! Close call. So, do you keep a can of Skunk-SmellBGone at your house?
We have hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dish soap. It's a popular recipe.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I've never heard of Skunk-SmellBGone. Who sells it? We have been lucky so far that no skunk has ever gotten into our yard although I have smelled them from time to time. Glad to hear that Willard did not get too playful with the skunk!

·
Super Moderator
1,460 Posts
Lucky! It sucks when a skunk goes off. You just can't seal the house up well enough to keep the stench out, even if the victim isn't your dog. Glad you had a good tempered skunk.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
A good skunk story:

A good friend of mine had an albino skunk named Fifi le Phew. She also had some toy and miniature poodles. She ran a boarding and grooming kennel, and the skunk enjoyed meeting and greeting the clients. Fifi was a very friendly skunk.

Both of us showed poodles. We went to lots of dog shows and were active in our local dog club. So when our local club had its show, we decided to enter a rare breed in the toy group competition - Fifi the albino skunk (yes, Fifi was leash broken and could pose very nicely). Needless to say, she brought down the house! Fifi was on her best behavior and was awarded "special mention" in the group by the group judge, Joe Gregory.

·
Super Moderator
1,460 Posts
A good skunk story:

A good friend of mine had an albino skunk named Fifi le Phew. She also had some toy and miniature poodles. She ran a boarding and grooming kennel, and the skunk enjoyed meeting and greeting the clients. Fifi was a very friendly skunk.

Both of us showed poodles. We went to lots of dog shows and were active in our local dog club. So when our local club had its show, we decided to enter a rare breed in the toy group competition - Fifi the albino skunk (yes, Fifi was leash broken and could pose very nicely). Needless to say, she brought down the house! Fifi was on her best behavior and was awarded "special mention" in the group by the group judge, Joe Gregory.
Awwww. I really wanted a pet skunk once. It never happened. They aren't legal where I live. I also wasn't sure if I could satisfy their instinct to dig.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've never heard of Skunk-SmellBGone. Who sells it?
Sorry, Johanna, I just made that up. I couldn't think of the name of a commercial deskunker product.

“People laugh at me because I use big words. But if you have big ideas, you have to use big words to express them, haven't you?”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Reactions: Johanna

·
Registered
529 Posts
Perhaps I should have used this quote, lol

“Because when you are imagining, you might as well imagine something worth while.”
― Lucy Maud Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

1 - 10 of 10 Posts