Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, my name is Fred and I am from Belgium. I live in a big glass tank with my brother George and sometimes I get to come out to play. But my favourite thing is to dig tunnels while my big brother George runs on his wheel. He never helps with the housework.

My mum keeps saying that I will get a poodle sister or brother in the spring. I dont know what that is but it better not eat my sunflower seeds!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So cute, I love Fred’s color ! He looks like a baby still ?
He should be roughly fully grown. He was born in February. The previous owners thought that they had two females and then all of a sudden there were 8 babies 😂. Long story short dont buy animals from pet shops...

Im going to book a vet appointment next week. Fred is a little bit on the small side even though he is eating. I just want a health check and parasite test just in case. Her is very much on the limit so he is not dangerously underweight, he might just be a naturally small gerbil.

·
Super Moderator
1,637 Posts
I miss having a gerbil. My spouse isn't really into them, and I have to admit that a gerbil would probably find it very unsettling to live with our cat.

I used to put a false floor made from cardboard into my gerbil's aquarium. (He lived in a 20 gallon aquarium with a mesh top, so plenty of ventilation.) I cut a couple of holes in the cardboard, raised it about 4 cm off the true floor of the aquarium, and dumped a large pile of bedding in. The gerbil would then spend the next two days ferrying all the bedding down underneath the cardboard and packing it in. I always felt bad when it was time to clean the enclosure. All that gerbil industry, gone.

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
He is very cute. I had gerbils and guinea pigs all the way through graduate school in varying combinations. One of my lovleiest guinea pigs was a female silkie named Fred(ericka).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts