Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these old pictures of my last dog, Charlie, as I was doing some email and text deleting. My heart jumped with surprise and love and then longing. I am so thankful that time-telling Buck nudged me that I needed to get my shoes and jacket on and take him out. If you have lost a dog, I encourage you, if you are able, to get another. Our hearts need to love. I will never regret doing a breed change, because surprise and wonder don’t happen much after childhood. Size change, another revelation. If you can give a dog a good life from start to finish, you deserve one. My life doesn’t feel like my life without a dog in it.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Charlie looks like such a sweet baby.

I waited 12 years from the time when my previous tpoo passed away til I got Babykins - I waited too long. Our pets enrich our lives.

Reactions: Mfmst

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Dogs, cats and other companion animals all make our hearts happier. Thanks for sharing your happy memory.

Reactions: Mfmst

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Thanks, that is a wonderful memory, I agree wholeheartedly that if you can, you should get another fuzzy friend.

·
Premium Member
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
12 years! No wonder Babykins is such a joy! Anticipation is also underrated, which is why it’s not a bad idea to get on a waiting list with a dream breeder or do your life before you get on the list. The planets eventually align and you truly appreciate getting something your heart desired for so long. Click, add to shopping cart, buy now, shouldn’t happen with dogs. Beware also of see, love, buy. But even the most improbable stuff can work out - a shelter puppy, a whoops breeding, a senior with issues, a love at first sight. Your next dog is out there, eager to meet you:). Keep your eyes and heart open.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Charlie looks like such a sweetheart. I am sure you miss him dearly. Any dog that meets our soul will never be forgotten. Rest in peace, Charlie.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
RIP Charlie - such a cutie. My Mom had Scotties and she absolutely adored them, though I think they can be on the stubborn side. I know what it is like to lose a beloved pet even years after I still miss my Pink dog.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts