Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be traveling in November - flying and then car. Do you have a carrier you recommend that works for both?

For our car we have the sleepypod but not the kind that fits in airplane. I see they have sleepypod air (pricey).

Any other good options for a 6 pound toy (he’s tall and stretches out long).

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
I got 2 they look like a box tall and my dogs are 6.5 5, and 3.5 hooks to the car seat, think at petsmart. Also hook to inside to hook dog to about 90.00, not for airpane

·
Registered
7,086 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know you've said that the sleepy pod air is a bit expensive, but it is one of the only ones that is crash tested to national standards and so I would find it hard to travel little dogs in a car in anything else (but I used to work at a vet emergency clinic and so have seen plenty of injuries). Would it perhaps end up being a bit more economical if you used it as a bed at home as well (that's how I rationalised its purchase).
I have both the sleepy pod air and medium mobile pet beds, and they are both wonderful. For airline travel, I would recommend the air (as the medium bed won't fit under the seat) - as you stated.

I used the sleepy pod air to fly with both my dogs from FL to LAX, and Cricket loves sleeping in it at home. I also used it for a 20-hour car ride and it provided good ventilation (and is crash tested). The sleepy pod mobile medium bed is only used for car travel and at home - but I prefer it in the car as it is easier to see the dogs (and gives them a bit more height). I have an older one and so am still using it and the air.

Both my dogs will comfortably fit together in either, but they are only 3-4 lbs. I would imagine a toy or a mini would fit comfortably in either by themselves.

The sleepy pod atom is also nice (but I ended up returning it and bought the air instead as I preferred the increased width and better ventilation). It is more economical and is often on sale on amazon ?

Hope this is somewhat helpful !

(I promise to have no affiliation with sleepy pod - just like the fact they are crash tested as have seen plenty of injuries post car accidents)

Sleepypod - Sleepypod® | The safest pet company

For reference sake:
- light blue sleepy pod medium bed
- grey / silver sleepy pod air
- robin blue sleepy pod atom (returned)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts