Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a weird doodle this morning!! :scared: That dog looked so weird. It was like nothing I had ever seen before. I'm so glad I had my camera! The owner let me take a picture of this thing!

It was a goldendalmaxerdoodle. :wacko:

I think the owner made that up. She said it was a mix of goldendoodle with dalmatian and boxer. :eek:hwell:

It was honestly the strangest looking dog I had even seen.

It sorta had a golden retriever head, it was spotted like a dalmatian but only on it's body, not on the legs. It was all stocky like a boxer and it had poodle fur.
To top it all off, the dog was trimmed in a Miami!

I have got to go find my USB cable so I can post this picture. You will not believe your eyes.

I know I didn't believe mine.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Oh wow - I tend to stay away from doodle threads NO OFFENSE - but they aggravate me :eek:hwell: - I MUST SEE THIS :wacko: PICTURE!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Ditto... can't wait to see this one!

Isn't it funny how people try and make up names for some of these mixes so that they include some part of every breed of dog in there... or that they think is in there :p

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Ditto... can't wait to see this one!

Isn't it funny how people try and make up names for some of these mixes so that they include some part of every breed of dog in there... or that they think is in there :p
I know something even sadder. My daughter and grandson lost their one-year-old mutt a couple of days ago. He got loose and ran into the road and he died. They are devastated and my grandson (5-years-old) keeps talking about how he lost his best friend.

I have been looking everywhere for a nice cross puppy for him; shelters, newspaper ads, on-line (which I hate to do), and veterinarians. No puppies anywhere to be had that don't cost at least $100 and up to $300. Everyone has jumped on the 'designer' dog bandwagon and are charging for their pups no matter what mix they are!! It really upset me. The vets and shelters told me that I won't find any mixed puppies that are free.

I am so sad that we can't get him a pup.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Have you tried petfinder or kijiji?

Can't wait to see the pictures!!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Yes, unfortunately, that is the case. My groomer for my Shih-tzus used to have some of the top Shih-tzus in Canada under her Kingsway kennel name. Some years ago she discovered that people would pay the same for Bichon/Shih-tzus as they would for a registered top quality Shih-tzu. So she stopped breeding and started grooming instead.

There is no such thing as a mutt any more -- they are all called chiweeinies or some such and they cost the same as a registered dog.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I know something even sadder. My daughter and grandson lost their one-year-old mutt a couple of days ago. He got loose and ran into the road and he died. They are devastated and my grandson (5-years-old) keeps talking about how he lost his best friend.

I have been looking everywhere for a nice cross puppy for him; shelters, newspaper ads, on-line (which I hate to do), and veterinarians. No puppies anywhere to be had that don't cost at least $100 and up to $300. Everyone has jumped on the 'designer' dog bandwagon and are charging for their pups no matter what mix they are!! It really upset me. The vets and shelters told me that I won't find any mixed puppies that are free.

We should take up a collection. I'm in if everyone else wants to.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts

Wow - poor kid. They were giving dogs and cats away here last Saturday because they are so full.

I hope he gets a new puppy BUT at the same time, this should be a hard learning experience to completely avoid this type of situation again. :(

·
Registered
631 Posts

Check the shelters here in NC. Places like Columbus County, the fee is $20 and if you check the Raleigh NC Craigslist, you can usually find someone willing to transport these dogs anywhere to get them out of the shelter (it is a really poor, high kill shelter). My Dixie had her entire fee sponsored at the Wake County AS so she was free! We have too many dogs and too few people wanting to adopt across the state

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
April Fools!

Mouahahahahahhahahahaha! :evil:

I know it's not April bit I just couldn't help myself. :decision:

Spoospirit: I'm sorry about your grandson. That's awful sad. There are plenty of free dogs looking for homes around here but we're pretty far away.

Sorry for the prank! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Wow - poor kid. They were giving dogs and cats away here last Saturday because they are so full.

I hope he gets a new puppy BUT at the same time, this should be a hard learning experience to completely avoid this type of situation again. :(

It was an unfortunate accident that they are going to be hurting from for some time. Her five-year-old son went out to play with his friend and they took Ruggy out with them. They decided to go into the little friend's house downstairs and left Ruggy outside. He was unattended and that's when the accident happened.

I know that they will remember this lesson for the rest of their lives.

We don't have many dogs in our shelters here. Most are Pitt mixes which we find not to be good for a home with a little boy. I went out further inquiring about puppies and found some about an hour and a half from my home in a shelter but they want $380 for them. I had no idea it was so expensive to adopt a dog!

We'll keep looking and I am sure they will find the right fit in something that they can afford.

Thank you all for your kindness.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
April Fools!

Mouahahahahahhahahahaha! :evil:

I know it's not April bit I just couldn't help myself. :decision:

Spoospirit: I'm sorry about your grandson. That's awful sad. There are plenty of free dogs looking for homes around here but we're pretty far away.

Sorry for the prank! :D

Thank you.

GREAT JOKE!!! I love fun things like this!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts