Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With all of the support I received dealing with the unfortunate shenanigans that happened when I tried to rescue that poor pup... I thought I should share the GOOD that has come through it all!

I don’t want to make any official announcements or jinx anything so I’ll TRY to keep it short and let all of you know the moment it is official:
A bit ago in my Spoo search I went scouring PF for recommend breeders and found a very helpful thread. I sent a couple emails out to a couple breeders hoping they could point me in the direction of an older pup or retired breeding program doggie. I didn’t expect much & had forgotten about it. Within the last couple days I received an email from a Breeder who’s Spoos I have fan-girled over on PF for years but never ever thought I’d have the pleasure to meet, let alone own one!!

Something happened that has never happened to them..... someone returned an older pup.

We’ve been chatting on the phone and Sharing videos. I’m in looove with both the Spoo and the breeder. The Spoo was returned due to owners circumstances not the doggie. Fingers crossed my application is approved and everything goes smoothly.
Ahhhhhhhh I’m sooo excited I feel like a little kid!

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
All my fingers and toes crossed for you!

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Fingers and toes crossed that the stars align and this pup is yours.

Reactions: Legs&Leashes21

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Really hoping this is The One!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
This could be so wonderful for you, the breeder, and for the poodle!

I would love something like this to happen also. At 73 I am hesitant to start out with a pup, but would love a 1 or 2 year old previously loved dog that has to be let go for unforeseen circumstances.

Best wishes!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So it’s official!

I’ve just RSVPd for my very own beaaaautiful 8 month old Standard Poodle boy. I go to pick him up the week after Labor Day and couldn’t be more excited!! I feel like yelling from the rooftops So please excuse my long post!

I could just pass out with who his AHHHMAZING breeder, mom & sire are. I’ve waited this long to share the news so let’s play!!

Hints:
He’s a Saints Fan like his daddy before him.
Fave fruit is Apricot.
His mom’s fave NBA team just won a championship.
Any guesses?

I literally gasped when I saw him via video because he reminded me so much of my old Spoo friend “Gixxer”. The goofy demeanor, his suuuper affectionate nature, gentleness, quick response to a voice and the way he moves. Oh gosh I hope I don’t cry all over this pup when I meet him! Happy happy tears!

I’ve been scouring PF for every piece of info to be the best Spoo parent I can be, researching a few must have items so I’ll have them before his arrival and

I’ve also decided to go with a Motorcycle themed name to honor the boy who started my love affair with Standards- Gixxer (nick name for a Suzuki Gsxr motorcycle) and because I’m a motorcycle riding poodle lovin mama!

Please feel free to suggest names for the list:

Guzzi (goo-zee: sleek Italian bike Moto Guzzi)
Arai (ah-rye: Japanese highend flashy moto helmet brand)
Yoshi (Yoshimura- the finest exhaust pipes)
Benelli (oldest Italian motorcycle makers)
Ducati (the Ferrari of motorcycles)

I friend of mine who knows how much Gix was loved suggested “Gixxer Jr” but I’m not so sure how I feel about that one. This new guy may want his own series not a sequel ya know?

I have some non moto themed names that I like as well but trying to stay on theme. Any suggestions or Poodle parent tips from my wonderful poodle fam would be much appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Huge congratulations. I’m guessing it’s a Nola puppy. Lucky, lucky lucky you.

·
Premium Member
23,201 Posts
Huge congratulations! I didn't say anything earlier in this thread because I didn't want to jinx the whole thing by saying congratulations before it was official. So happy for you.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts