Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I introduced myself awhile back and since then, I've been more of a silent reader. I'm excited to say that this Sunday, my family and I are going to meet a breeder and see her standards and minis!! This way, my husband can see both sizes and we can see what works best for our family. I can't wait!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Hi all,
I introduced myself awhile back and since then, I've been more of a silent reader. I'm excited to say that this Sunday, my family and I are going to meet a breeder and see her standards and minis!! This way, my husband can see both sizes and we can see what works best for our family. I can't wait!
That sounds like an exciting day. Let us know what your family thinks after the visit. I have a feeling you may leave wanting one of each. :)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Awww I want to come :(

I think you more need to realise if you get a standard they cost far more to clip, especially being done every six weeks assuming you are having it as a pet. I love standards but my back is buggered so they are too much for me. Minis are the ideal height, but I still have had to go for toys as my arms are really bad :(

Good luck whatever your decision is.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The grooming and cost of food etc. Is something I've been thinking about. However, I also would like a standard for the "protector" in one. If Hubby is working late or working out of town - I just don't feel that my Chinese Cresteds are going to scare anyone! And as far as "big" dogs go - it seems Standards have the best description for our family. (vs. boxers, labs, or other family friendly dogs) I've read how Standards are good protectors... What do you guys think?
However, I know my hubby will like the minis...we'll see what the kids think!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts