Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!
I'm very excited I found this site! I've had a lot of trouble finding solid information about poodles, whether it has to do with health, training, personality, grooming, etc. It's nice to know that I can come to a place where everyone actually has experience with POODLES, instead of a dalmation owner giving me their "best guess" for poodle answers/advice. :)

·
Registered
12,476 Posts
Hi Ashley - and welcome! I have found this a really useful and friendly site (and it is nice to see some more toy poodles to help balance all those gorgeous standards!).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Yes, I'm very excited about joining this site - I've already learned something new!
You're right about the standards. They're everywhere! Oddly enough, every time I take my pups out, at least three people ask what breed they are. They are always shocked to hear they're poodles. The responses always have to do with either not knowing they come in colors other than black or white, not knowing what poodles look like without the "poodle cut", as they put it, or not knowing they could be anything but a standard.
Couldn't help but notice you have a papillon also. I had the hardest time deciding between a papillon and a poodle. They're both adorable! My husband is allergic to all animals, so we ended up with poodles to lessen the effects of shedding/dander. I love my little poodles, but there will always be a special place in my heart for papillons as well!

·
Registered
12,476 Posts
Yes, I found it hard to choose, too - and then realised I could have both! My two have very different personalities, but are great friends. Love those two little faces in your photo - which is Dolcie and which is Macy?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for making me feel welcome!

Fjm - Dolcie is the chocolate and Macy is the apricot. I think my photos are public...still trying to figure this site out! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts