Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Very sweet - and nice looking whippet?:):)

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You never see one on one bed and one on the other. It is almost always both Whippets cuddled with Holly, and Thinker by himself on the other bed.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She was in heat. The undies save the furniture, and help by acting a bit like a chastity belt, with an intact , experienced stud dog in the house. They buy you a bit of time if someone isn't as careful as they should be and they happen to be alone together for a moment without supervision.

·
Registered
681 Posts
She looks so velvety! You know dogs love each other when they share a bed, our old Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Midge used to want to be crated together before he passed away.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They truly do love each other. When we brought Iris, the Whippet home as a baby, Holly thought she was a cat and was bugging her and poking her. Well, Iris let out a bark, and that was it...friends forever. Iris helps Holly with her pups, and actually lactated and nursed half of Holly's 2008 litter. It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
OHHH Arreau why do you do this to me? You post pictures of your gorgeous whippets and make me long for one.LOL In the future, in the future!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You would never be sorry. They seem to love being in a home with furry pack members, it is so awesome to have some that require little to no grooming, and they are incredible with children. You'd love them Kpoos!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Awww, they look so happy together. And Holly looks "in style" LOL with her heat panties on. I have some for mine when they come into heat, never had them before, but the poodles ARE allowed on the couch/chairs, never allowed dogs on before, so bloody spots are not preferred! :)

That must have been so cute to see Iris helping feed the pups. Funny how some bitches will go into lactation like that under the right stimulus without having pups of their own!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It touched my heart so much to see her in there with them, and watching her boobies getting full for them, I would just weep. It was simply the sweetest, most selfless thing I have ever seen. I will see if I can dig up the disk of photos and post an album on here. It was cute too because both Mommies would be in the whelping box together, Holly with six, Iris with four, or vice versa, and she does not look anything like a red Poodle...lol...it was just precious!! Thank heavens Holly loves her because Iris is the alpha here, and she'd have made her way in there whether Holly liked it or not!!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Yes, wishpoo - Holly is Lucybug's mom!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I must say that that litter was exceptionally pretty and sweet :) !!!! It is not often one gets such uniformly good litter in the both looks and temperament !

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have said it before, and don`t want to drive people crazy saying it, but Holly and Dugan make magic together. We had ten pups the previous year, then Lucy`s litter of six (one suffocated at two days old) and they are all hot. I posted an album of photos of Eleanor from the 2008 litter, and she is so dark, and her brother Kane is the darkest red pup I have ever seen. They are all amazing with people, and just as good with other dogs, just amazing dispositions. Lucy is going to darken like crazy. It will be so cool to watch the transition. I just love what this union has brought our way!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts