Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you mail your blades some where to get them sharpened, I'd like a recommendation. A friend had her blades sharpened by a local guy and paid him something like $75 and she ended up with completely dull blades. He's tried to resharpen them 3x she said and she can't even use them. I'd be so mad and I was going to call this guy to do mine. I don't think we have anyone else local to do it.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
If you mail your blades some where to get them sharpened, I'd like a recommendation. A friend had her blades sharpened by a local guy and paid him something like $75 and she ended up with completely dull blades. He's tried to resharpen them 3x she said and she can't even use them. I'd be so mad and I was going to call this guy to do mine. I don't think we have anyone else local to do it.
We use Ryans in Phoenix always have always will Ryans pet supplies hate their website though

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I've heard good things about Northerntails Sharpening. I'm going to send mine to him, when I get a chance. (I only have three and need to order some more.) I think his prices are very reasonable and he posts on a grooming forum, I belong too. He's very helpful and not all about money, which I like.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've heard good things about Northerntails Sharpening. I'm going to send mine to him, when I get a chance. (I only have three and need to order some more.) I think his prices are very reasonable and he posts on a grooming forum, I belong too. He's very helpful and not all about money, which I like.
Great, I'll look them up.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I'm another Ryan's fan. I've had crappy luck it seems with anyone local here, maybe there is something wrong with the way I use my stuff?? I dunno, but the guy here that everyone just raves about, he does a lot of the dog shows here too, did a real number on my tools not once but TWICE. I won't use him anymore lol. The very first time I had my scissors sharpened was at the end of grooming school. Local sharpener, again a popular one. She raved over what nice shears and such I had and then did god knows what to a pair of 44/20 thinning shears, they have never worked the same since and nobody has been able to fix them. I used to send stuff to a guy in Tampa but he ruined a pair of shears that were less than a year old and cost me 400.00 dollars. EEK! Now I have reeeaaalllllyyyy pretty and reeeeaaaalllllly expensive ribbon cutting scissors *eye roll* It just seems that everytime I've used somebody other than Ryans I am unhappy. I'm CERTAIN there are other really great sharpeners around, I just haven't been lucky enough to find them yet. Ahaha, maybe I should drop the grooming part of my business and go back to doing just training, seems I don't have any bad luck in that area LoL :p If you do send your stuff off to the folks Harley Chik mentioned I'd be interested to know how you like them. Sometimes Ryan's get a little backed up and last time it took longer than normal to get my stuff back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts