Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Peggy Sue, Standard Poodle Born May 2019
8,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you just throw your clothes straight in the wash after grooming, or do you remove the hair first? Or do you somehow not get any hair on you?

I've been washing my hairy grooming clothes and then finding tiny hairs in later loads of laundry. Especially unpleasant when they get trapped inside a mask!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I do still find a few hairs on the clothes as well but I use the wand end of my vacuum to clean off the big clumps of hair and then will use a lint roller. I tend to throw my clothes in with the towels right after I groom so that they don't touch my non-grooming clothes. I find that if I don't wash them with the rest of my stuff then I don't find unpleasant little hairs in my good clothes.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I remove the chunks and the major stuff then give it a good shake outside otherwise I get the same problem you get with hair in other loads Peggy. I still have not found that magical way to groom where you get no hair on your clothes.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I’ve been just lint rolling my clothes because I usually do grooming midday on my lunch break. So I groom, lint roll, and then wash as normal. I’m still dealing with puppy fluff tho.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Some alternative ideas:

I use a swimsuit cover up but have been mostly grooming outside as much as possible.

Another thought:

I've just about talked myself into an actual grooming/barber apron with all those lovely pockets!

·
Registered
915 Posts
I use a hair-repellent scrub top. If you go to an online scrub store look for the ones for veterinary use, and presto! The hair falls off to the hard floor to be sucked up by my shop vac.

·
Super Moderator
Peggy Sue, Standard Poodle Born May 2019
8,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I use a hair-repellent scrub top. If you go to an online scrub store look for the ones for veterinary use, and presto! The hair falls off to the hard floor to be sucked up by my shop vac.
I was wondering if such a thing existed! Thank you so much. I have an old shower curtain I was using as a drop cloth, but the static makes the hair stick like glue. Reading about hair-repellent scrubs now, what just jumped out at me was the word "antistatic." Yes!!

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Just get a cheap pair of scrubs to were when you groom, much easier to shake out and wash. I was wearing my normal stretchy yoga pants and you can never get all the hair out. Scrubs much easier for the job.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
Just get a cheap pair of scrubs to were when you groom, much easier to shake out and wash. I was wearing my normal stretchy yoga pants and you can never get all the hair out. Scrubs much easier for the job.
Along with antistatic finishes, it seems the key here is to avoid knit fabrics. Much less chance for hair to get embedded in smooth tightly woven fabrics, such as the fabric commonly used for scrubs.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Along with antistatic finishes, it seems the key here is to avoid knit fabrics. Much less chance for hair to get embedded in smooth tightly woven fabrics, such as the fabric commonly used for scrubs.
Yep, works for me anyway

·
Registered
31 Posts
I wear a grooming smock. The hair does not stick to it. I use a high velocity dryer to blow the dog hair off my pants and shoes. It helps a lot and is much faster than lint rollers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts