Poodle Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
She's falling asleep standing up as I type this. Lol. Wish she could go to the groomer every week!

I do have Zymox in her first aid kit. I've never used it before. I suspect she's not going to enjoy it....
Haha yes I love that sleepy clean poodle face. Misha doesn't mind zymox but he's used to it. He lets me poke in his ears if I let him eat the earwax :sick: Just a drop or two in each ear and massage it around, and no worrying about infection.

·
Super Moderator
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Haha yes I love that sleepy clean poodle face. Misha doesn't mind zymox but he's used to it. He lets me poke in his ears if I let him eat the earwax :sick: Just a drop or two in each ear and massage it around, and no worrying about infection.
Okay, I'll give it a shot.

Peggy would be thrilled if she started getting earwax in addition to her daily diet of eye goops!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The irony is that she is actually SUCH a picky eater. 😂
Misha's the same way. Though he tends to prefer eye crusties to eye goops. The only bad thing about his love of earwax is that he's always sticking his nose into other dogs' ears. I swear that came before me letting him eat it though! I'll use any bargaining chip I have.

·
Super Moderator
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Misha's the same way. Though he tends to prefer eye crusties to eye goops. The only bad thing about his love of earwax is that he's always sticking his nose into other dogs' ears. I swear that came before me letting him eat it though! I'll use any bargaining chip I have.
You're giving away all Misha's secrets right now! 😂 That is seriously so funny.

·
Super Moderator
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Lol! I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one who feeds their picky poodle their eye discharge.. My husband thinks it’s gross.

Also, Peggy looks great! I’m sure she knows it too 😉
She's feeling fancy, but also keeps falling asleep standing up. She couldn't believe I had the nerve to wake her up this morning at 6:45. Our groomer is working craaaazy long days to catch up!

And yep, there's a big crew of eye-goop-lovers here. (Poodles, not people.) I remember mentioning it on a previous thread, rather embarrassedly, and being surprised when so many people chimed in.

·
Super Moderator
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
If only he knew what I said about him online.
View attachment 467289
Ha! Love that photo.

I was just gently petting Peggy's ear and she yelped and started licking my hand like I'd hurt her on purpose and she was begging me to stop. Broke my heart!

Will the Zymox hurt as it goes in? Or is it soothing? She's never had an ear infection before, but it's possible she's just sensitive from today's cleaning and plucking.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Ha! Love that photo.

I was just gently petting Peggy's ear and she yelped and started licking my hand like I'd hurt her on purpose and she was begging me to stop. Broke my heart!

Will the Zymox hurt as it goes in? Or is it soothing? She's never had an ear infection before, but it's possible she's just sensitive from today's cleaning and plucking.
It shouldn't hurt one bit, though sometimes if their ear hurts they can be cautious about letting you mess with it at all. Misha's usually tolerant enough to let me get it down into the ear canal very well, but back when he first got ear infections he was more sensitive and I used to put it on my finger and then rub it around (a cotton pad would work too). I just hate getting it on the fur around the ear so I try to get it in as precise as possible. I tend to just hold the ear open so I can put a drop that goes straight down.

·
Super Moderator
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thank you for the help! I can vividly recall the pain of childhood earaches, so I want to be as gentle as possible.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
So glad others are admitting their dogs like to eat the crusty and or goopy stuff from their eyes. I never used to do that, but one day a friend saw an eye booger on him and picked it off and fed it to him. I was appalled, but ever since then my spoo has demanded them and gives me the evil eye if I wipe them in a kleenex and throw it out.

·
Super Moderator
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So glad others are admitting their dogs like to eat the crusty and or goopy stuff from their eyes. I never used to do that, but one day a friend saw an eye booger on him and picked it off and fed it to him. I was appalled, but ever since then my spoo has demanded them and gives me the evil eye if I wipe them in a kleenex and throw it out.
It's such a testament to the powers of positive reinforcement! Peggy used to dodge my cleaning efforts. Now she can hardly wait for her yummy (gag!) reward.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts