Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peggy finally has an appointment! Bright and early on Tuesday morning.

Right now she's quite short all over. What's the best way to get her into a lamb clip? Her tail, for example, is going to look pretty silly shaved at the base when it's already cut down so short. Should we let her hair grow out more before shaping it?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I transferred Misha to his lamb clip just by going down with a 10 on all the areas I wanted shorter and then blending it. I chose to let the tail look silly shaved at the base. It grows out fast enough so it looks ok after a bit.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I thought you were a professional groomer going back to work, lol ! I’m sure Peggy will be pretty any way but I want to see pictures when she gets groomed. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought you were a professional groomer going back to work, lol ! I’m sure Peggy will be pretty any way but I want to see pictures when she gets groomed. :)
Lolllllllll. If my quarantine cuts are any indication, that couldn't be further from the truth!! I might officially be the World's Worst Groomer.

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I transferred Misha to his lamb clip just by going down with a 10 on all the areas I wanted shorter and then blending it. I chose to let the tail look silly shaved at the base. It grows out fast enough so it looks ok after a bit.
Okay, that's what I'll ask her to do.

She didn't even respond when I sent her a picture of Peggy's quarantine cut, but maybe all will be forgiven when I give her permission to pretty Peggy up again. My husband, on the other hand, is NOT pleased with my plan. Can't win. ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Okay, that's what I'll ask her to do.

She didn't even respond when I sent her a picture of Peggy's quarantine cut, but maybe all will be forgiven when I give her permission to pretty Peggy up again. My husband, on the other hand, is NOT pleased with my plan. Can't win. ¯\(ツ)
Haha. Here is what Misha looked like the first time I started the shaping. It should help you decide if you can deal with the weird tail transition. I set the tail pattern in with a reverse blade. It wasn't perfect but it looked better after a few days of growth.
PSX_20200330_191551.jpg

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I used to do Misha's tail like that as well without shaving the base because I was trying to slowly wean my friends onto poodle cuts. It's a cute look. I tapered the base a bit to blend into the body. Though my little sister informed me that "something about his tail looks wrong for a poodle" haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
582 Posts
Raven’s looks exactly like that “sausage” style right now because I had to shave it off to the skin in December when she had that terrible allergic reaction so it could heal. She does ot have corect coat texture on her tail and I am sort of liking it this length because it looks less limp and floppy that is does long.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I bet 😂 I might start a thread about doughnut moustaches 😆
I've been having the worst cravings for donuts lately. Nothing better than going to a donut shop and buying a box of donuts and eating them all yourself!

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've been having the worst cravings for donuts lately. Nothing better than going to a donut shop and buying a box of donuts and eating them all yourself!
I've been craving donuts since reading this!!!

Peggy did beautifully at the groomer's today. But her tail looks like a real nugget from this angle! Can't wait to get that pom back.

The groomer said she had quite a lot of gunk to clean out of her ears, so now I'm bracing myself for an ear infection.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Aww she looks great! The tail will grow out before you know it. Her expression seems skeptical haha. Do you have some zymox you can put in her ears? It really helps after an intense clear out.

·
Super Moderator
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Aww she looks great! The tail will grow out before you know it. Her expression seems skeptical haha. Do you have some zymox you can put in her ears? It really helps after an intense clear out.
She's falling asleep standing up as I type this. Lol. Wish she could go to the groomer every week!

I do have Zymox in her first aid kit. I've never used it before. I suspect she's not going to enjoy it....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts