Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're getting a puppy!! My Mom wanted one for her, so it won't be mine, sad about that, but I will still be very happy to have a dog again because I started to not want a dog at all. We go to pick her up Tuesday. She is a 3 month old mixed breed puppy that is from a rescue that fosters dog from Texas. I can't wait to meet her and get to know her🥰 My youngest brother is very happy as well😁🥰 I will post pics when we get her.

·
Registered
10,451 Posts
Congratulations, can’t wait for you to post photos.

Reactions: Fenris-wolf

·
Premium Member
15,147 Posts
Congratulations! Looking forward to puppy photos.

Reactions: Fenris-wolf

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Can't wait to see the new puppy! Tuesday feels too far off!

Just wanted to add that sometimes puppies coming from rescues have been in multiple homes already. The adjustment period to the new home and the behaviors might be a little different, as compared to getting a puppy from a breeder. I only have experience with getting a re-homed dog who was almost 6 at that point. I saw some shutting down, vomiting, and no appetite initially- I thought she was sick, but she was fine. If the rescue offers any resources for helping with the adjustment, try to check them out. Also, always feel comfortable reaching out to the rescue if you need to during this period- I know I did. Also a really good idea to get the puppy into the vet for a check right away, even if the puppy was just to the vet through the rescue.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can't wait to see the new puppy! Tuesday feels too far off!

Just wanted to add that sometimes puppies coming from rescues have been in multiple homes already. The adjustment period to the new home and the behaviors might be a little different, as compared to getting a puppy from a breeder. I only have experience with getting a re-homed dog who was almost 6 at that point. I saw some shutting down, vomiting, and no appetite initially- I thought she was sick, but she was fine. If the rescue offers any resources for helping with the adjustment, try to check them out. Also, always feel comfortable reaching out to the rescue if you need to during this period- I know I did. Also a really good idea to get the puppy into the vet for a check right away, even if the puppy was just to the vet through the rescue.
I know right?! It's like time has slowed down.

Okay, thank you so much for the info!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.