Poodle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 89 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
I agree with the consensus: It's possible but not easy, especially if you live alone. Poodles really don't like to be home alone all day, and they need lots of physical and mental stimulation. You may find that your non-work time is consumed with taking care of your dog.

You said that you're not active, but you're hoping a dog will help change that. I think it's wise to look into doggy daycare and a dog walker (if you don't WFH). What's your experience with dogs? What kinds have you or your family had in the past?
I am going to put him in a doggy daycare and get him a walker. I grew up with Pitbulls, Rottweilers, German Shepherd’s, Yorkie, Golden Retriever , I never had a poodle before which is way more calmer than some of the dogs I’ve had before. It is definitely going to be a challenge the first months, but I am up for the challenge. I am worried about me living alone and with a poodle, if it was a German Shepherds I wouldn’t be nearly this nervous lol

Discussion starter · #22 ·
I am getting a standard poodle soon and I also live in a condo. I also am not the most active person, I don't go jogging or anything and sometimes can be downright lazy. My plan is to head to off leash areas, we have some beaches and walking areas where dogs can go off leash. I also plan to ( when the dog is old enough), to hire a dog walker to do two long hikes a week, which is something I have no desire to do. I am hoping two long work out sessions like this will help keep everyone happy.
Me too no jogging for me lol I’ll have a heart attack lol I haven’t jog in 5 years. Hiring a dog walker is something to definitely look into and maybe you can go home during your breaks to walk him. Good luck and I hope you your baby soon. I am getting a standard too ❤

Discussion starter · #23 ·
I just meant we at Poodle Forum can help you out. Post questions any time! We'll be here for you. :) I'm not sure how I'd have navigated Peggy's first year without our knowledgable (and kind!) members.

As for getting more space, I didn't (and still don't) allow Peggy to run wild inside. And she doesn't take up a lot of room. She fits comfortably on the couch with my husband and me. So I'm not sure more indoor square footage is necessary, as long as you have a good spot for a crate and pen.

We kept Peggy's pen up until she was 15 months old. It was invaluable. I'd have happily kept it longer, but I got sick of looking at it and navigating around it.
I am so shocked at the feedback am getting from this forum you guys are so amazing, I am so lucky to join but I was nervous people won’t respond to my post. I am taking notes down and making sure I remember how to keep my soon to be Babu active and happy. I saw a crate on YouTube called potty training doggy apartment, I don’t know if you’ve ever heard from them butthe crates are so expensive almost 600$ for one Phew lol.

I have been seeing a lot of breeders online, but I found one in Texas that is highly recommended. Most of the Poodles I am seeing are from puppy find, but I don’t know if they are legit. Yea I am very calm and I don’t like a lot of noise. Is the maze bowl good? I have been seeing them but was a little skeptical, I am definitely going to take him for morning walks he will need it since I will be at work. I love your ideas thanks you so much appreciate it
The mazebowl helps him to slow down. With Standards you have to make sure they don't eat too fast to reduce the risk of bloat (if you aren't familiar with bloat, definitely do some research to prepare). I think it is better than a regular bowl if your future pup tends to gulp it's food instead of grazing at it.

Exercise is very important, but "appropriate" is the key, especially to a pup's age. See these for details:

From another thread a few months ago:

How Much Exercise a Poodle Needs

Puppies
- For toys and miniatures under 1 year old and standards under 18 months old, owners must carefully schedule exercise times. Offering quick bouts of outdoor walking is a great way to for the puppy to discharge their abundant energy.
That being said, greatly exceeding exercise limits for puppies can be detrimental to their growth.

Why? During the first year for toys and miniature Poodles (and until about 18 months old for standard Poodles), the bones are still forming and growing. At the end of all major bones are growth plates; these are soft areas that contain rapidly dividing cells that are instrumental in allowing the bones to develop and grow longer as the Poodle pup matures from puppy to adult.

Once a Poodle is done with puberty and is officially an adult dog that is done growing (approx 18-24m), the plates harden and calcify. Until that time, over-exercise can cause injury to this soft bone tissue and interfere with normal bone growth.

So, you'll want to find a balance of enough walks, for the proper duration, to allow the pup to release energy and start becoming socialized to the world, yet be careful to not exercise your Poodle puppy to such an extent that it could possibly harm those growth plates.

Do keep in mind that normal play in the house, etc. is expected and a puppy needn't be crated to keep him from moving around! Over-exercise relates to repetitive actions such as running, walking briskly, etc. for an extended amount of time… It is important that a puppy romp around to his heart's desire… when he gets tired, he will rest. You just never want to push a young puppy into activity that puts stress on the body and raises the heartbeat if he is not up to it.

In looking at these guidelines, we must remember that the duration is the same, no matter the size of the dog. This is because it is the pace at which the dog moves that equates a state of exercise. Toys will trot and standard Poodles will trot, and it is the owner that will need to adjust the pace at which they walk to keep the dog going briskly.

A good rule of thumb is: 5 minutes per day, for each month of age. Here is a quick reference of recommended exercise times:

3 months old = One 15 minute walk each day
4 months old = Total of 20 minutes; this can be two 10 minute walks
5 months old = Total of 25 minutes; split into two walks
6 months old = Total of 30 minutes; split into three 10 or two 15 minute walks
7 months old = Total of 35 minutes; divided into two sessions
8 months old = Total of 40 minutes; best if done in three sessions (15, 15 and 10 minutes)
9 months old = Total of 45 minutes; best if done in three sessions (15, 15, 15)
10 months old = Total of 50 minutes; best if done in three sessions (20, 15, 15)
11 months old = Total of 55 minutes; best if done in three sessions (20, 15, 20)
For standards only, 12 months through 23 months = Continuation of 55 minutes (20, 15, 20). Toys and minis will at this point, move ahead to adult exercise requirements.

You'll want to go at a moderate pace that is not overwhelming. Young puppies are only starting to learn about how to walk on leash and it can take some time for them to focus on proper heeling. Ahead, we'll dive into tips to making walking a more pleasant experience coming up."

here's the link to that page:

Poodle Exercise Requirements | Toy, Mini, Standard
How much exercise a Poodle needs to stay healthy. Puppies, adults and seniors of each variety. Tips for exercising during the summer and winter.
www.allpoodleinfo.com
www.allpoodleinfo.com

Indoors, there are lots of ways to drain a pup's energy, for example controlled play, puzzle toys, and brain games (aka training :))

I never had a poodle before which is way more calmer than some of the dogs I’ve had before.
What's your definition of calmer ;)?

Most of the Poodles I am seeing are from puppy find, but I don’t know if they are legit.
It's possible that a very small percentage are legit but puppy find and sites like it are considered, at best, primarily brokers for wholesale puppy breeders. I'd RUN!

JIC you're not familiar with a lot of conscientious poodle breeders, this is my personal checklist for choosing a breeder.

My criteria need not be yours but I think it's important for a potential poodle owner to understand why these criteria are important in choosing a conscientious breeder and to get a well bred puppy to share life with for many years to come.

My ideal breeder is someone who is doing this because they love the breed.
They want to see each new generation born at least as good as the previous, ideally better.
They provide for every dog in their care as if that dog is their own.
They will be there for the new family, and stand behind that pup for it's lifetime, rain or shine, with or without a contract.
They will know the standards and pedigrees of their chosen breed, health and genetic diversity of their lines, and breed to better them.
They will know of the latest studies in health standards for their chosen breed and variety.
They will have as many questions for me as I do for them.
They invest in their dogs. They don't expect the dogs to support them.

Breeding Program
! to maintain, improve, strengthen the breed
by breeding to standard, for health and genetic diversity,
and will prove their dogs meet these standards by showing or competing
or by breeding from titled parents. It's not the title, but what it shows
! focus is on quality, never quantity
! they do not cross breed
! they limit breeding to one to two breeds
! they limit breeding to only a few litters per year *

Breeding Parents
! registry information available
AKC Registry Lookup
! not too old or young for breeding
! not overbred
see Asking questions from a breeder
and Frequency of Breeding a Bitch
! genetic health testing done appropriate to breed and variety
! other health testing by exam such as annual eye, hips, patellas
! results of testing on own website, OFA site or testing lab
see Health Related Publications - Versatility In Poodles, Inc.
and OFA Lookup https://www.ofa.org/look-up-a-dog

Living Conditions
! in home with family
! breeder allows, even encourages home visits

Puppies
! routine and urgent vet care, immunizations, dewormings
! socialization
! first groomings
! registry papers
! they will not require spay/neuter before physical maturity
! health "guarantee" generally favors the breeder, not the buyer.
health guarantee is no replacement for health testing of dam and sire.
beginning housetraining is a bonus
temperament testing is helpful

Advertising
! individual website to detail history of breeder, goals for their program
! information on dams, sires, puppies
! no trend pricing for color, gender or size,
! no marketing gimmick terms like "teacup" "royal"

! Anything not found on a public online site should be provided by breeder before buying.

* Many people prefer small scale breeders because they feel the puppies will have better socialization and it's very unlikely to be a puppy mill-like operation.
This doesn't mean that larger scale breeders can't do things right. The breeder of record may not be hands on with every pup or poodle on the place but they should make sure that all the quality of life and attention are paid to all their dogs.

If a breeder wants me to believe that they believe in their dogs, they won't stop the investment when it comes time to find the new families. If they want to cut costs by using free advertising sites like craigslist or listing on retail marketplaces like puppyspot or puppyfind, or other classified ad sites such as newspapers, I wonder what else they've cut costs on.

Contact a few breeders to introduce yourself. Even if they don't have or don't offer what you're looking for, it can be a close knit community. They may know where to refer you.

Hi everyone,

I have been doing my research about poodles for months and can’t wait to get my new baby. However, my only issue is that I am moving to an apartment and a new state. How do you guys think the poodle will adjust or if the apartment life will work for us ?
Thank you
I'm assuming you are working with a responsible breeder who temperament tests their dogs. You can work with the breeder to obtain a more laid back puppy if that will suit your lifestyle more appropriately (apartment life v. backyard to run and play, your activity level, etc.). I do a lot of training and showing in performance and work with my breeder to get the best performance pup in the litter, dogs with high drive/high energy, because that's what I want in a dog. But there are a variety of temperaments in every litter and a middle to lower end of the road temperament might set you up better for success...

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Exercise is very important, but "appropriate" is the key, especially to a pup's age. See these for details:

From another thread a few months ago:

How Much Exercise a Poodle Needs

Puppies
- For toys and miniatures under 1 year old and standards under 18 months old, owners must carefully schedule exercise times. Offering quick bouts of outdoor walking is a great way to for the puppy to discharge their abundant energy.
That being said, greatly exceeding exercise limits for puppies can be detrimental to their growth.

Why? During the first year for toys and miniature Poodles (and until about 18 months old for standard Poodles), the bones are still forming and growing. At the end of all major bones are growth plates; these are soft areas that contain rapidly dividing cells that are instrumental in allowing the bones to develop and grow longer as the Poodle pup matures from puppy to adult.

Once a Poodle is done with puberty and is officially an adult dog that is done growing (approx 18-24m), the plates harden and calcify. Until that time, over-exercise can cause injury to this soft bone tissue and interfere with normal bone growth.

So, you'll want to find a balance of enough walks, for the proper duration, to allow the pup to release energy and start becoming socialized to the world, yet be careful to not exercise your Poodle puppy to such an extent that it could possibly harm those growth plates.

Do keep in mind that normal play in the house, etc. is expected and a puppy needn't be crated to keep him from moving around! Over-exercise relates to repetitive actions such as running, walking briskly, etc. for an extended amount of time… It is important that a puppy romp around to his heart's desire… when he gets tired, he will rest. You just never want to push a young puppy into activity that puts stress on the body and raises the heartbeat if he is not up to it.

In looking at these guidelines, we must remember that the duration is the same, no matter the size of the dog. This is because it is the pace at which the dog moves that equates a state of exercise. Toys will trot and standard Poodles will trot, and it is the owner that will need to adjust the pace at which they walk to keep the dog going briskly.

A good rule of thumb is: 5 minutes per day, for each month of age. Here is a quick reference of recommended exercise times:

3 months old = One 15 minute walk each day
4 months old = Total of 20 minutes; this can be two 10 minute walks
5 months old = Total of 25 minutes; split into two walks
6 months old = Total of 30 minutes; split into three 10 or two 15 minute walks
7 months old = Total of 35 minutes; divided into two sessions
8 months old = Total of 40 minutes; best if done in three sessions (15, 15 and 10 minutes)
9 months old = Total of 45 minutes; best if done in three sessions (15, 15, 15)
10 months old = Total of 50 minutes; best if done in three sessions (20, 15, 15)
11 months old = Total of 55 minutes; best if done in three sessions (20, 15, 20)
For standards only, 12 months through 23 months = Continuation of 55 minutes (20, 15, 20). Toys and minis will at this point, move ahead to adult exercise requirements.

You'll want to go at a moderate pace that is not overwhelming. Young puppies are only starting to learn about how to walk on leash and it can take some time for them to focus on proper heeling. Ahead, we'll dive into tips to making walking a more pleasant experience coming up."

here's the link to that page:

Poodle Exercise Requirements | Toy, Mini, Standard
How much exercise a Poodle needs to stay healthy. Puppies, adults and seniors of each variety. Tips for exercising during the summer and winter.
www.allpoodleinfo.com
www.allpoodleinfo.com

Indoors, there are lots of ways to drain a pup's energy, for example controlled play, puzzle toys, and brain games (aka training :))

What's your definition of calmer ;)?
When I say calmer I mean a dog that’s not just going to bark at everything, my Yorkie barks at everything literally. I saved you’re notes and will be implementing it in my daily routine.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
I'm assuming you are working with a responsible breeder who temperament tests their dogs. You can work with the breeder to obtain a more laid back puppy if that will suit your lifestyle more appropriately (apartment life v. backyard to run and play, your activity level, etc.). I do a lot of training and showing in performance and work with my breeder to get the best performance pup in the litter, dogs with high drive/high energy, because that's what I want in a dog. But there are a variety of temperaments in every litter and a middle to lower end of the road temperament might set you up better for success...
Right now I was working with Wolfe Island Poodles and I’ve looked at other places but they never reply. Who is your breeder if you don’t mind sharing ? I want to work with someone that’s trusted and love what they do. I don’t want a puppy from a mill that’s a no no for me

Discussion starter · #30 ·
It's possible that a very small percentage are legit but puppy find and sites like it are considered, at best, primarily brokers for wholesale puppy breeders. I'd RUN!

JIC you're not familiar with a lot of conscientious poodle breeders, this is my personal checklist for choosing a breeder.

My criteria need not be yours but I think it's important for a potential poodle owner to understand why these criteria are important in choosing a conscientious breeder and to get a well bred puppy to share life with for many years to come.

My ideal breeder is someone who is doing this because they love the breed.
They want to see each new generation born at least as good as the previous, ideally better.
They provide for every dog in their care as if that dog is their own.
They will be there for the new family, and stand behind that pup for it's lifetime, rain or shine, with or without a contract.
They will know the standards and pedigrees of their chosen breed, health and genetic diversity of their lines, and breed to better them.
They will know of the latest studies in health standards for their chosen breed and variety.
They will have as many questions for me as I do for them.
They invest in their dogs. They don't expect the dogs to support them.

Breeding Program
! to maintain, improve, strengthen the breed
by breeding to standard, for health and genetic diversity,
and will prove their dogs meet these standards by showing or competing
or by breeding from titled parents. It's not the title, but what it shows
! focus is on quality, never quantity
! they do not cross breed
! they limit breeding to one to two breeds
! they limit breeding to only a few litters per year *

Breeding Parents
! registry information available
AKC Registry Lookup
! not too old or young for breeding
! not overbred
see Asking questions from a breeder
and Frequency of Breeding a Bitch
! genetic health testing done appropriate to breed and variety
! other health testing by exam such as annual eye, hips, patellas
! results of testing on own website, OFA site or testing lab
see Health Related Publications - Versatility In Poodles, Inc.
and OFA Lookup https://www.ofa.org/look-up-a-dog

Living Conditions
! in home with family
! breeder allows, even encourages home visits

Puppies
! routine and urgent vet care, immunizations, dewormings
! socialization
! first groomings
! registry papers
! they will not require spay/neuter before physical maturity
! health "guarantee" generally favors the breeder, not the buyer.
health guarantee is no replacement for health testing of dam and sire.
beginning housetraining is a bonus
temperament testing is helpful

Advertising
! individual website to detail history of breeder, goals for their program
! information on dams, sires, puppies
! no trend pricing for color, gender or size,
! no marketing gimmick terms like "teacup" "royal"

! Anything not found on a public online site should be provided by breeder before buying.

* Many people prefer small scale breeders because they feel the puppies will have better socialization and it's very unlikely to be a puppy mill-like operation.
This doesn't mean that larger scale breeders can't do things right. The breeder of record may not be hands on with every pup or poodle on the place but they should make sure that all the quality of life and attention are paid to all their dogs.

If a breeder wants me to believe that they believe in their dogs, they won't stop the investment when it comes time to find the new families. If they want to cut costs by using free advertising sites like craigslist or listing on retail marketplaces like puppyspot or puppyfind, or other classified ad sites such as newspapers, I wonder what else they've cut costs on.

Contact a few breeders to introduce yourself. Even if they don't have or don't offer what you're looking for, it can be a close knit community. They may know where to refer you.
I was looking into
Apricot & Cream Standard Poodles and Poodle Puppies For Sale | Family Affair Standards but I don’t know about them anymore, the reviews I am seeing is horrible some are even calling them a puppy mill. However, on their social media pages they seem to take good care of their poodles and doesn’t look like a mill. I am also looking into Wolfe Island Poodles. I want an excellent breeder and I refuse to settle for less lmaoooo

I was looking into
Apricot & Cream Standard Poodles and Poodle Puppies For Sale | Family Affair Standards but I don’t know about them anymore, the reviews I am seeing is horrible some are even calling them a puppy mill. However, on their social media pages they seem to take good care of their poodles and doesn’t look like a mill. I am also looking into Wolfe Island Poodles. I want an excellent breeder and I refuse to settle for less lmaoooo
There have been previous threads on Family Affair with quite a bit of info. Here is the first one I saw in search. I am sure there are others.

Which geographic region do you live in? You've mentioned a breeder in Texas and another in the Carolinas. It sounds you are setting yourself up for quite the road trip.. I'm sure we can find you a recommendation for someone closer and better.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Which geographic region do you live in? You've mentioned a breeder in Texas and another in the Carolinas. It sounds you are setting yourself up for quite the road trip.. I'm sure we can find you a recommendation for someone closer and better.
I live in Rhode Island but I am moving to Texas in July next year, I was going to pass the Carolinas and pick up the puppy. However, I thought about getting a puppy in Texas since that would be easier. If I find a breeder in my area right now I wouldn’t mind, because it will give me a chance to meet the breeder and picking up the puppy would be easier. You guys are so amazing, this forum definitely makes my search a lot easier.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
There have been previous threads on Family Affair with quite a bit of info. Here are the first two I saw in search. I am sure there are others.

Thank you so much I went through to the threads and there are too many red flags. Is also so confusing because you have some of their die hard fans saying something completely different.

In addition to checking out the recommendations here, I would also check out the AKC marketplace. This will give you a list of a hundred or so breeders expecting litters. You can then start winnowing out the no-goes based on geography, health testing, high volume, etc.

Thank you so much I went through to the threads and there are too many red flags. Is also so confusing because you have some of their die hard fans saying something completely different.
Plenty of people have gotten dogs they've loved from bad situations. Pet stores, puppy mills... there are plenty of great dogs that come from shelters. Any breeder will have some buyers who end up very happy with their dog. It's the buyers that don't end up happy that I am more concerned with. And the parent dogs that may not be treated well. I not only want to optimize my chance of getting a healthy, temperamentally sound dog, but I also am very particular about which breeders I support.

Another thing... breeders that breed for profit tend to be extremely good at marketing their dogs. Of course they're good at talking to prospective buyers and telling them all the right things. They want to make money. This is why I distrust them. I'd rather have an aloof breeder that puts all of their heart and soul into their dogs and breeding program than one that acts like a car salesman.

I personally put a lot of stock in what a breeder does with their dogs to prove they are worthy of breeding. I like to see conformation and performance titles because they prove that the dog has a solid temperament and is very trainable. Not every dog in a breeding program needs titles, but to me it shows that the breeder is breeding for a purpose and proving their dogs' worth in terms of adding to the gene pool.

I was looking into
I got Happy there. There were zero red flags. Communication was, and is, great. I was able to visit my puppy at four weeks and met her parents. I could have gone more, but it's a three hour drive. It is a business, but the staff super freindly, professional, and seem to really be into what they do. They provided pictures of my growing puppy upon request, usually within a couple hours of my text or email. My puppy was groomed, immunized, healthy and ready to go on pick up day. Everything checked out greeat with my vet the next week. From what I witnessed, the puppies are well socialized, especially with children. Happy adusted quickly and has bonded strongly with everyone in my family. She loves kids and is very social. We've has no medical issues and she's passed all her puppy vet visits with flying colors. Happy is just over five months old. Bottom line - would I get another dog from them? Yes. I know they might not pass every area of the breeder purity test, but they checked the neccessary blocks for me. Good luck finding your puppy - Brian

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Plenty of people have gotten dogs they've loved from bad situations. Pet stores, puppy mills... there are plenty of great dogs that come from shelters. Any breeder will have some buyers who end up very happy with their dog. It's the buyers that don't end up happy that I am more concerned with. And the parent dogs that may not be treated well. I not only want to optimize my chance of getting a healthy, temperamentally sound dog, but I also am very particular about which breeders I support.

Another thing... breeders that breed for profit tend to be extremely good at marketing their dogs. Of course they're good at talking to prospective buyers and telling them all the right things. They want to make money. This is why I distrust them. I'd rather have an aloof breeder that puts all of their heart and soul into their dogs and breeding program than one that acts like a car salesman.

I personally put a lot of stock in what a breeder does with their dogs to prove they are worthy of breeding. I like to see conformation and performance titles because they prove that the dog has a solid temperament and is very trainable. Not every dog in a breeding program needs titles, but to me it shows that the breeder is breeding for a purpose and proving their dogs' worth in terms of adding to the gene pool.
In addition to checking out the recommendations here, I would also check out the AKC marketplace. This will give you a list of a hundred or so breeders expecting litters. You can then start winnowing out the no-goes based on geography, health testing, high volume, etc.
I have been checking AKC marketplace and most breeders don’t have litters that would be ready by the time I am ready to move. I also completely agree with you, I don’t want to get a puppy from somebody that just wanted the money and is not going to be honest with me. It’s been such a journey and Ive spoken to breeders that I knew where full of it from the moment I look at their website. I wish people where more honest and would just do things the right way. It would make it so much easier for everybody. I guess I’ll have to keep looking and I will remember all you’re advice when I find a breeder.

Discussion starter · #39 ·
I got Happy there. There were zero red flags. Communication was, and is, great. I was able to visit my puppy at four weeks and met her parents. I could have gone more, but it's a three hour drive. It is a business, but the staff super freindly, professional, and seem to really be into what they do. They provided pictures of my growing puppy upon request, usually within a couple hours of my text or email. My puppy was groomed, immunized, healthy and ready to go on pick up day. Everything checked out greeat with my vet the next week. From what I witnessed, the puppies are well socialized, especially with children. Happy adusted quickly and has bonded strongly with everyone in my family. She loves kids and is very social. We've has no medical issues and she's passed all her puppy vet visits with flying colors. Happy is just over five months old. Bottom line - would I get another dog from them? Yes. I know they might not pass every area of the breeder purity test, but they checked the neccessary blocks for me. Good luck finding your puppy - Brian
Omg you got a puppy from them? I am so happy right now I spoke to Beth and she was so good with answering my questions. She also said I could contact her if I needed more info, that gave me a sense of relieve but I started doing my research and just saw people saying things I was not comfortable with. However, when I go to their page they look so legit and honest, I just found it weird that they dock their tails or am I over thinking things. I love that she also stated that I could pay for the full puppy instead of putting a deposit down, so she won’t get the tail docked. Am I going crazy or it doesn’t matter if the tail is dock or not. Another breeder I spoke to was so rude and told me if I needed any information it was on their website i just blocked her lol. I think am going to talk to Beth again and just voice my concerns, I do like them but the red flags are just making it hard for me to decide to go with them. Also am I overreacting lmao? I think am going crazy lol

I love that she also stated that I could pay for the full puppy instead of putting a deposit down, so she won’t get the tail docked.
Does this mean your puppy would be chosen within the first few days, when tails are typically docked? That right there would be a problem for me, as there is no way to assess the puppy's temperament at such a young age.

Even if you're not concerned about an official temperament test, before committing to a specific puppy you want to know if he or she is the shy wallflower, happy-go-lucky, extremely confident with a high drive, etc. (And a good breeder is also going to want to ensure you are appropriately matched.)

21 - 40 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.