Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New hair cut for our 10 month old boy! Please pardon the mess in the pictures, we’ve just moved this week and are still unpacking. Both boys are enjoying the city and are getting lots of pets from strangers on walks. It’s been a fun transition from suburbs to city but I’m sure I’ll be pining for a backyard as soon as the weather turns. Chatham of course won’t mind snowy cold walks in Boston but Brady will have to be bundled up with sweaters. But for now, we’re enjoying the fall and exploring the new neighborhood.

The look in the last photo...someone was over the paparazzi, ha! I love the little splash of color on his ears. He’s lightened a bit since he was a puppy but still has the peachy color on the roots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,149 Posts
He's grown into such a beautiful dog and exudes good breeding and wealth. The grooming is excellent too, so nice and even all over.

Congrats on the move; I don't where you're doing city living now, but if the crime rate is moderate to high in your area, please consider carrying pepper spray with you whenever you walk him.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Gorgeous - I love the dash of darker apricot on his ears.

·
Registered
586 Posts
My fave trim on a boy poodle! He looks gorgeous. Wow, he lighten quite a bit but I love that little bit on his ears too.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Aah Chatham has grown into a beautiful boy but of course that was expected. Love his new groom. I still keep the ears long on Renn but that German look sure looks a lot easier to tend, and he looks so handsome in that cut. Good luck in your new home and neighborhood.

·
Registered
580 Posts
That's a really lovely clip on a really lovely dog!

I tried out several clip styles but I think I've settled on a somewhat modified German for Neely. I don't care for the "terrier tail," and I'm particularly fond of his tail pom, so that's what I did. I also keep the leg hair a bit longer. I do the body with a #1 comb (1/2 inch) and his bottom and "keel" or breastbone are done with a 1/4-inch comb (whatever number that is).

He looks a bit like a well-loved plush toy in this shot, but he just needed a little brush-out.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
What a very handsome boy! The german clip is perfect on him!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts