Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I see lots of posts where diseases dont surface till the poodles are older. milo has one cropped up at a ripe age of almost 16 months!

Well, i went back to milo’s Breeder and told her about this odd genetic disorder. My sweet puppy face is no more but replaced by a jar! :aetsch:

Enjoy the pic as a funny pic. It probably only has about 1 tsp, if at all of peanut butter left in that jar.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
OMG that’s so funny.

Reactions: asuk

·
Premium Member
22,899 Posts
Oh my, you had me worried for a second when I saw the title of your thread, but as soon as I saw the picture I got a good chuckle. I forget which of our dogs did this (I want to say Javelin) but one of them got their head stuck in a small paper shopping bag with tote bag handles. There was a lot of crashing into things for a minute or two until I could catch the suddenly blind and worried dog who was greatly relieved to find the world still existed. I am sure Milo was rescued none the worse for wear too.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh my, you had me worried for a second when I saw the title of your thread, but as soon as I saw the picture I got a good chuckle. I forget which of our dogs did this (I want to say Javelin) but one of them got their head stuck in a small paper shopping bag with tote bag handles. There was a lot of crashing into things for a minute or two until I could catch the suddenly blind and worried dog who was greatly relieved to find the world still existed. I am sure Milo was rescued none the worse for wear too.
Ohh, he didn’t need rescuing..lol. the jar is a 2kg jar and is not snug against his head and he can take it off himself.thats funny about javelin..hahaha. In the beginning, milo was cautious, every single sound made him swing the jar off. But then he figured if he stayed in one place he won’t bump into things and mom is here, so I am safe. It was a great way to start the day ��

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Kids and pets will do the silliest thing. Many moons ago one of my daughters, as a toddler pushed her head through the rungs of the railing. It wasn't funny at the time because we couldn't figure out how to push her head back out - she seemed to have found the one spot where it could slip in and everything we tried didn't work. We were about the call the fire station to see if the firemen had an idea or if they could come to help us figure out what to do. We were prepared to break the railing but we didn't know how, and how to do it while protecting our daughter. Luckily just as we were about to give up, we slipped her head back out. Lesson learned - she never did it again.

Will Milo stick his head into the peanut butter jar again?

Reactions: Mfmst and asuk

·
Registered
182 Posts
OMG!!!! I checked Rolands papers and no where does it say the breeder did any test for jar head and now I'm worried. Granted he doesn't have the best poodle face I've seen, but still I don't want this jar head thing to happen, he would never be able to show his face at the dog park again. Do you think I should have him dna tested for it?

LMAO, good post, loved the pic.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Well if that mutation is caused by a mutation of the PNB tolerance gene, I guess I won't have to worry, Molly hates PNB!

I bet Milo is enjoying his 'birth defect'! LOL!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts