Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Galen was bored today, so we tried playing some games. Galen thought this was a wonderful idea as long as he could make up the rules.

First I tried playing find the treat, using a very smelly treat hidden under one of three cups. Galen sniffed all three cups. Upon identifying the one hiding the treat he gleefully sezed the cup, carried it back to the sofa, and spent the next five minutes happily crinkling and shredding the cup.

After that we went out the play fetch by a lake. Galen would retrieve the ball, run past me, and drop the ball at the top of the bank. He apparently found it vastly entertaining to watch the ball roll down the slope into the lake, so that I would have to get a net to save the ball. I shifted the game a bit so he couldn't get to the water. Instead he dropped the ball under a stack of kayaks. Sorry little dog, I'm not shifting a bunch of kayaks to get your ball.

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Too funny - it's amazing where the balls go to hide. Galen is clearly one step ahead of you in his poodly mind.

·
Super Moderator
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It continues. I have a list of clicker training exercises to work through, starting with very simple "look at me" work. We went out into the yard. He was happy to take the first two treats. After that he found a tennis ball and decided he would rather play fetch. I then got perfect attention and eye contact from him as long as I was holding a tennis ball in front of my face.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I then got perfect attention and eye contact from him as long as I was holding a tennis ball in front of my face.
Yes and use that to your advantage in training. Sometime they will do anything for that ball.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts