Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Galen discovered our deck pots are now growing something more interesting than boring leaves and flowers. Yesterday he helped himself to his first strawberry. Having done that, he wasn't quite sure what one actually DOES with a strawberry. He rolled it around in his mouth and contemplated eating it, but it tasted funny. Then he tried teasing everyone else with it. Nobody wanted it. He finally settled for flinging it in the air and pouncing on it when it landed.

Sigh. My strawberry plants are now huddled in a xpen for protection.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
When my raspberry canes first fruited some years ago I couldn't understand why all the low berries vanished before I could pick them. Why would birds only eat berries at the bottom of the canes? Fortunately Sophy seems to have gone off raspberries these days!

·
Registered
450 Posts
When my raspberry canes first fruited some years ago I couldn't understand why all the low berries vanished before I could pick them. Why would birds only eat berries at the bottom of the canes? Fortunately Sophy seems to have gone off raspberries these days!
We had great difficulty years ago with broccoli and carrots. A mystery until I came outside on day to find my 2 year old son leaning down with his hands behind his back, gnawing the tops off the broccoli plants, and his loyal dog at his side, chewing on it also. The carrots had holes dug round each , with the carrot gnawed off several inches down. That was 100 percent Dog's fault

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Gotta love when they figure out plants are fun to play with. Last year my spoo figured out she could pluck the strawberries and raspberries from the plant and eat them before we could pick them. Took us a good portion of the summer to realize she was plucking them off and not other people or wildlife. 😂 This year I bought a few hanging strawberry baskets and put a pen around the garden where the other berry/veggies plants are. The pen keeps her out because she knows it’s a no go zone but she can easily jump in if she absolutely wants to but she’s not unsupervised in the backyard so if I see her going near it, I call her.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts