Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I’m happy to say that I’m a future miniature poodle owner. I’m interested in seeking out a reputable breeder who health tests and whose lines have good temperaments. I live in Gulfport, MS and I have no preference in color. My new family member will be strictly a pet, as I do not wish to show. I’ve found lists of mini poodle breeders online, and they all say they breed dogs with good temperaments. Pretty sure I still need some word of mouth recommendations to help in this process. I will be as patient as I need to be to find a healthy, stable pup. Willing to travel for the right breeder. I’d appreciate any recommendations or sharing of experiences. Thanks!
Cassandra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m just getting started, but I’ve bookmarked Aery in NC and Morning Glory in TX. I think I might lean towards silver, but like I said, color is low on the list compared to health testing and temperament. Since I’m not in a hurry, was hoping to find some first hand recommendations from happy pup parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Welcome! I was at your point back in March and now I have the most wonderful pup, so I can say there's lots of good times headed your way. There are sooo many things to research and consider when choosing a breeder and litter, and it can be a bit overwhelming. In my search I narrowed it down to four breeders and then selected based on which I felt would be the best match for what I needed. All breeders say they breed with good temperament, but a good temperament for one person easily qualifies as a poor match for another. Make sure you talk in detail with breeders about the sort of dog you're looking for, because there's a lot of variation even within litters. I wanted a breeder that would pair pups with owners rather than let owners pick, because I knew I was looking for a specific temperament. So far I am very happy with the outcome.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Welcome to the poodle forum. You may want to contact Peggy Provost of Parkview

https://parkviewpoodles.com

She is a breeder of show standards and health tests. I got my standard Renn, from her. I am pretty sure she has also been showing a mini. and probably has good contacts for you. Phone number listed on website is 337 280 5642. I am pretty show she has a contact for you.

·
Premium Member
23,797 Posts
Welcome to PF. I second the recommendation on Aery and hope Skylar will chime in here too. I know a few others but they are further away from you.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I like this breeder in Missouri, of both standards and miniatures. My experience is limited to them being on my list 3 years ago. I submitted an application and was accepted, but went in a different direction. They health test parents and show in conformation. There is a miniature litter due on the ground in July.

ADOPTABLE STARS

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Excellent choices! Skylar's beautiful and talented Babykins is from Aery.
Thanks MF for the compliments. Yes my Babykins is from Aery/Morning Glory. She’s a gorgeous silver. She’s a failed show prospect so I got her when she was almost a year. They did a wonderful job of socializing her, she loves everyone and all friendly dogs. She’s a sweetheart. Always up for fun but has an off switch so she can be a coach potato. I get tons of compliments on how well behaved she is and how beautiful.

Johanna’s Zoe is from Aery/Donnachada I believe, so that’s another good breeder of minipoos to check out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts