Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do agility for fun with our golden and corgi and thought I'd try it with Atticus. He LOVES it! I'm going to be starting him in the puppy agility class once I save up enough money :). These were so hard to take by myselft! lol. I had to set up the camera in the right spot, set the timer and time his jump just right! Ignore the demon eyes... I was using my crappy camera. I dont now how to set the timer on the Nikon.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Isn't that just the cutest thing!! Look at that little guy putting all of his heart into his high jump. You did a great job of timing the jumps to your camera!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
isn't that just the cutest thing!! Look at that little guy putting all of his heart into his high jump. You did a great job of timing the jumps to your camera!
ss took the words right out of my mouth - opps caps!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I do agility for fun with our golden and corgi and thought I'd try it with Atticus. He LOVES it! I'm going to be starting him in the puppy agility class once I save up enough money :). These were so hard to take by myselft! lol. I had to set up the camera in the right spot, set the timer and time his jump just right! Ignore the demon eyes... I was using my crappy camera. I dont now how to set the timer on the Nikon.

WOW!! I love this

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! :)

The jump actually isnt that high, lol. The angle I had the camera at makes it seem so much higher. Its a little over 4 inches in the middle of the x to the floor (I dont want him jumping too high, I read it can damage their growth plates?), but he jumps waayyyy higher than what he needs too, lol. Here's a short video of the little guy in action. Tomarrow I'm teaching him the tunnel, expect more pics!

http://s805.photobucket.com/albums/yy339/Shellybean093/Atticus/?action=view&current=036.flv

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Great timing on the pics!!!! Atticus is adorable and he couldn't be more adorable than doing the jumps. What a sweet little tyke, look at him jumping in style...lol.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I think you did a fantastic job getting the photos and video. Atticus looks like a star! Can't wait to see pics and video of him going through the tunnel!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Very very cute! I love the poodle spring! I have one that does, and one that doesnt.

Though now I'm gonna be the party pooper, and point it that he is jumping way to high for a puppy, and a dog just starting in agility. They should only be around knee to shoulder height (though I always do lower) until at least a year.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks! :)

Very very cute! I love the poodle spring! I have one that does, and one that doesnt.

Though now I'm gonna be the party pooper, and point it that he is jumping way to high for a puppy, and a dog just starting in agility. They should only be around knee to shoulder height (though I always do lower) until at least a year.
The x part of the jump actually comes up to his elbow. I keep hearing alot of different things about jumping heights for a puppy. They said half of their height, some say to the elbow, some say only a couple inches. But I have the jump set at about 4 inches and he can walk over it if he wants. He just REALLY loves jumping, lol.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I know the middle is low, but the sides aren't, and to be honest they do encourage him to jump higher than he has to. Perhaps add another bolt into your jumps down lower so it can be a straight low bar at the proper height. Better too low than too high really...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts