Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, sheep are cool. I think they're kind of dumb though! It makes me laugh how the poodle in that video kind of looks like a sheep...

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Sheep are not dumb LOL OK - they are FAAAAAAAAAAAR from being as smart as any dog LMAO , but sheep that I met in my life (this could be a song title ROFL) were not dumb : ))) !

They are very cuddly and can recognize the owner and come when called. They recognize their baby among allll babies in a flock and babies are just adorable : ))) !

They "smell" though ;) , but not as bad as a GOAT !!!!!

When I lived in Pittsburgh, PA, one neighbor had a pet sheep. She was always on the frond lawn (middle of the city LOL) keeping grass nice and short : ))!

She always came for a nice "scratch" and would patiently stand by as long as one wanted to pet her : ))) ! Her "muzzle" was soooo soft - like finest velvet : ))) !

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
definitely sheep are NOT dumb! My girl always amazed me with how SMART she was, but she was hand raised and didn't associate with 'dumb sheep' hahaha! A pet sheep is usually much much smarter than the average 'follow the flock' sheep, cos they figure out how to think for themselves and get the best of the best rather than just do what all the others are doing, cos they're doing it. lol.

'Blossom' had a favourite paddock, and nothing kept her out of it, moving to the other side of the farm with the rest of the flock would still result in Blossom being back in the house paddock within hours. How on earth she got through the fences I'll never know, but we gave up trying to keep her with the rest pretty quickly, and let her be in her fav paddock. lol! For a while she she found she could go though the barren bare stock yards, past sheds and through the long shed past the machinery and grain etc, stand against the door at the far end to push it open, so she could come up the back path to our backdoor. I once found her, a fully grown sheep, laying in the dogs bed when I left the back door of the house open (she'd been raised with the dogs and allowed to sleep with them as a lamb at times) when I spotted her she just looked up and bleated at me like 'hi mum, wassup?' LOL! We fixed the shed door so she couldn't just push it open by standing against it, but 2 days later she was back in the garden and calling me at the back door to let me know when she wanted to go back to her paddock after squashing the vege garden (*sigh*) and we eventually found that she was NOW going to a different paddock (in the opposite direction to the house) and going to the far corner, climbing the barren bank of loose gravel where a tree had fallen down and left a gap under the fence, she then was on the roadside, where she trotted along until she came to our driveway, and came down to the back door again....

Now tell me they're dumb! lol!

When we moved off the farm, I kept her. I'd raised plenty of orphaned lambs, but they all went back to the flock and weren't pets any more, but Blossom was my girl, through and through. We didn't have land though so I had to find her grazing, she stayed where I had Ed for ages at a wee gallery & petting zoo, but I moved Ed to somewhere better where I could go there to work him etc, and left Blossom at the gallery. I visited from time to time though, and even when I hadn't seen her for literally months and months, I could still call out her name from my car and she'd call out in response and be waiting for me at the gate by the time I got around the corner. :love:

She was 9 years old when she had to be put to sleep barely a year ago. She was old, and had no teeth anymore, she'd had twin lambs every year since she was 2 (no keeping her from what she wanted, there wasn't even a ram on the property for the last 3 years, but she found the neighbours one!!) and she basically started to go downhill with the crappy winter grass so we let her go rather than try and stretch her over the cold months... :(

Pet sheep rock!!! LMAO!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts