Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and Mister checked out a new paved trail that goes for MILES....we only went an hour and a half because Mister was pooping out. Next time maybe we will go further.
So i took some pictures during our break when i let Mister catch his breath. I feel bad because he's running the whole way and im only biking....im thinking i should get some roller blades then we will be doing about the same amount of work....oh and i dont jog so thats not an option lol.
Anyways here are some pics... Mister wears booties so he doesnt rip his pads open...so cute!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
You could get a side cart for Mister!! lol. Adorable kid there.

Olie is finally growing some hair on his tail BTW and I was able to trim like Misters!!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I was about to take Mandy tonight for a ride as she is a runner and just loves to run.
What did you put on him for the ride collar, harness?
I have x back harnesses for them both but don't want her to run in front of me as she does in the xback as we have x country skiied.
I was just thinking regular harness but is that to close to the x back not sure.
Collar don't want to hurt her neck.
HUM guess I will give it a go and see what happens on her collar first.
I am choosing her to ride with as Casey is so immature and still bounces whenever he sees another dog or even a squirrel where as Mandy is perfectly happy to walk by most things and listens for most things on a walk except the pulling LOL.
Mandy lives to run. Most people at the dog park are amazed at the speed she can get to though I doubt my lard butt will get to anywhere near as fast as she can run LOL
Wish us luck

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Those are great shots. Mister looks so happy. I've been thinking about going biking with Betty Jo and or Jenny any tips?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Fun! Looks like you guys had a nice time. When I was younger I would both bike and rollerblade with our PWD. I found as long as I varied the pace (trotting, walking and galloping) he could go quite a long time. We both loved it!

·
Registered
365 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You could get a side cart for Mister!! lol. Adorable kid there.

Olie is finally growing some hair on his tail BTW and I was able to trim like Misters!!
Ha ha i was thinking about one of those things you pull behind the bike like for kids....he could fit i think lol. And thats great about Ollies tail, Misters grows SO slow and i rarely even cut it anymore lol.

I was about to take Mandy tonight for a ride as she is a runner and just loves to run.
What did you put on him for the ride collar, harness?
I have x back harnesses for them both but don't want her to run in front of me as she does in the xback as we have x country skiied.
I was just thinking regular harness but is that to close to the x back not sure.
Collar don't want to hurt her neck.
HUM guess I will give it a go and see what happens on her collar first.
I am choosing her to ride with as Casey is so immature and still bounces whenever he sees another dog or even a squirrel where as Mandy is perfectly happy to walk by most things and listens for most things on a walk except the pulling LOL.
Mandy lives to run. Most people at the dog park are amazed at the speed she can get to though I doubt my lard butt will get to anywhere near as fast as she can run LOL
Wish us luck
I just use a collar and a 6 foot leash. I dont want a harness to chaf him and he conveniently chewed it a while back so i just skipped it this time and it went well. Be careful if she pulls you on the bike that could be dangerous.

Those are great shots. Mister looks so happy. I've been thinking about going biking with Betty Jo and or Jenny any tips?
I would make sure that they know voice commands and heel....for about 80% of that ride Mister was off leash but just trotted or cantered alongside the bike as if he had a leash on. If he got too far ahead i would say heel and he'd fall back a bit. I guess if your dog is good on walks and heels and all that then you should have a problem. I just hopped on the bike one day with mister and he got hit by the tire once and learned to stay away from it.
That little contraption on that website link looks dangerous to me. I want my dog by my side or a little in front so i can see him.

He really did love it and slept like a rock that night and snored!!! Boy was my butt sore the next day but i thoroughly enjoyed it. That trail goes on forever too so ill need to go explore again and maybe build up Misters stamina. Im looking into getting rollerblades too. Yay!

Thanks for all the lovely comments gals!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts