Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share something fun and positive. Being the worry wart that I am I wasn't sure if my 6 mo. old mini Rudy would be what the fair flyer described as, "well behaved pets welcomed". We are working on leash walking and he has no issues with other dogs or people or noise, he's very confident and friendly. Soooo being a planner I ordered a dog stroller ha ha!
Then I decided, with his Easy Walk harness on that I would try it without the stroller first. He was spectacular and greeted everyone, let them pet him, etc. He didn't walk perfectly but he had a ball.
On a side note, one of the new vendors had one of those metal carts with an umbrella like you see selling hot dogs in New York on the street. It was handmade dog treats, some freeze dried, some frozen. I got the freeze dried banana/pumpkin/apple treats but there were paw shaped "suckers" made with pumpkin and even a "tart" that the cup was thinly sliced liver in a fluted shape with a pumpkin blop inside. I thought it was a novel idea.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Sounds like you both had a entertaining day. Hadn't thought much about it but it is coming up on "fair" time. I always enjoyed all the crafts that so many people have a talent for. Me though am not so crafty.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mufar42! Saw some cute things like snuffle mats that the gal had used the fleece to create a dog bone shape on the underside. I ended up buying a pee bell so I can start that with Rudy. Just maybe I can take my eyes off him once in awhile! One lady was selling "dog bones in a jar" but they were flour and oatmeal and I thought she could have done a better job researching grain free options. But that's just me. There was also a booth selling CBD oil and treats!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Sounds like a ton of fun! Good job Rudy! Milo rings a service bell, everyone who has seen him do it thinks it’s awesome! Lol. He will ring it several times if I don’t provide him with service aka opening the back door to be nosy or pee.

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
I’m glad you went and Rudy was a good boy. Those treats you bought sound very creative. Rudy earned his treats with his good behavior.

We have ours in the summer and my club had a booth. Babykins and I volunteered. We were one of the demo dog teams to show off agility. We let visitors try agility under our supervision. It was a lot of fun. I liked that we got to see not only some large national companies but also local vendors selling interesting dog items such as the fun dog treats you found. We were next to the petting zoo. Entertaining to watch the little kids feeding the babies goats.

I highly recommend going.

Reactions: Charleeann67:)

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I would mind trying some of the cbd oil, maybe I could use some on my knees. Yes lots of options today for dog treats, especially pumpkin choices. I may have to try to bake some. I just need to get some of my motivation back, I'm not doing all I should be lately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts