Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We don't have a dog park in Shreveport, and if we did i'm not too sure i'd go. I'm visiting my parents in Dallas, TX and went to this Euless dog park. I've heard a lot of horror stories about them but when driving by it wasn't too crowded and we walked around on leash for a bit to see how everyone was getting along.

I only had Dodger and Pyrrha with me and they are both very very passive and submissive dogs so I wasn't worried about either of them starting trouble. Dodger was a bit intimidated at first but then she started running around and playing.

I'm really trying to socialize her a bit and I think this really helped. She started to go up to people by the time we left. We had a great time!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
What a wonderful opportunity for you to socialize your dogs! They are having great fun! I just love Dodger. The pic with the German Shepherd looks a little scary but I'm guessing it was all in fun! Thanks for sharing those fun pictures.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Absolutely fantastic pictures. Loved them all. Thanks for sharing. Looks as if all dogs and humans were having a lot of fun at the park. Dodger looked pretty classy in her red scarf.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yes I drive into the city once in awhile and take my guys to one and Casey just has a blast running. Mandy was playing and running with other dogs the last time we went but still likes to know where I am.
Strange cause at home she doesn't give a darn but out there she gets lost looks so I say here girl and she comes running back relieved then wanders to play some more

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She did have a good time and slept very well through the night! I was happy to see her come out of her shell a bit and actually play. She's been so skittish around other dogs and people. I think she's so used to living out of the city that random things scare her but she's getting used to it. Cars driving by don't seem to bother her anymore and stuff like that.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Awwww, glad she had such a good time and she is adjusting to her new home well. Been meaning to ask you how she was doing :)

I just LOVE that third picture, awsome :)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
This is not FAIR!!!! :motz:

Every single post I've seen about a dog park on this forum there is luscious green grass for the dogs to play on! Our dog park is gravel and dirt - seriously - fine gravel!!!
I only take my dogs to the dog park on the days I know they are getting a bath! One full circle through that gravel and you don't want to let them NEAR your house!

:mmph: I want grass too!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Those are great pics! Looks like she is surely enjoying her new home/family. I am glad to see she is fitting in well and is adjusting so fast. Hope you have many years of fun together. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts