Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I got Forrest around 3 months ago , the woman I got him from said he was full blooded but I’m not sure. He also has a full tail which I never seen on a poodle in person. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,861 Posts
Looks all poodle to me, though it is hard to tell without the face shaved. A full tail is now the norm in many countries, where docking is banned, and is becoming more common elsewhere as well. Did you get pedigree and registration papers with him? That would be added confirmation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks all poodle to me, though it is hard to tell without the face shaved. A full tail is now the norm in many countries, where docking is banned, and is becoming more common elsewhere as well. Did you get pedigree and registration papers with him? That would be added confirmation.
No I didn’t but here he is with a shaved face

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,031 Posts
Looks full or very high percentage to me. All of my poodles have had full tails. The appearance of the full tail can vary a lot. My current pup Galen has a tightly curled tail that touches his back, almost like a Spitz. My boy Snarky carried his tail in a great arc that left the tip dangling just above his back. I've seen pictures of undocked dobes with very similar tail carriage. Snarky's brother Pogo had a tail that curved over his back to a lesser degree, but he would straighten it whenever he was running.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Looks like a poodle to me! And yes, natural tails are typically very long and different-looking to other poodles, as the tails are usually docked in the U.S. (although that trend is going down). The only way to know for sure that a dog is a poodle without any sort of pedigree is a DNA test.

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
Looks poodlish to me too. The undocked tail is more of a bonus :). There's always DNA testing, if it really matters, given that F1B, F1BB and F2BB goldendoodles are 75% poodle or even higher now.

Reactions: cowpony
1 - 7 of 7 Posts