Poodle Forum banner

Full grown?

9K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  cybercat 
#1 ·
At what age are the Standards full grown? Maybe 2? Birdie is about 11 months old now and I haven't seen her getting any bigger. I thought she would be taller. I think she is 22" and the breeder told me she will probably be around 26"

#3 ·
Large breeds stop growing between 18-24 months, they become an "adult" about 2 years. A Standard Poodle is anything over 15 inches from shoulder and the average size for a male would be around 25 inches and a female 23 inches. But these are just averages, your girl might grow different! Good luck

#7 ·
Here is my rule. Fisrt year height, second year girth, thrid year brain. By third year they have calmed and are listening fully most training is done by then too. Our shep mix in now coming out of her second year and she has finally filled out and is now listening alot better. This proves right more than wrong with all breeds of dogs. Ofcourse some will mature fast or slower but usually by 3 it has all conected.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.