Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay - I came home from church today to find Wrigley greeting me at the door. NOT a good sign considering I left him locked up in his kennel. Plus, the house smelled AWFUL like poo. So after a quick survey, I see that Wrigley has gotten into the trash in the bathroom and torn apart some things and shredded them all over the living room. Then he peed on my rug and a throw pillow fell in it. AUGH! This disappointed me because I really thought we had made great head way with the whole potty inside. He doesn't ever do it anymore. But today when he got the chance - he took it.
Meanwhile, the poo was coming from Sophie - who was still locked in her kennel but had decided to poo in it (something she has NEVER done before) and then stepped in it and smeared it everywhere. I'm guessing she got so upset at Wrigley being free that maybe that is why she poo'd in there?
But I had a long afternoon of scrubbing rug/pillow, cleaning up the shredded waste from the bathroom trash, scrubbing Sophie's kennel and then scrubbing Sophie...today was NOT a good poodle day.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh - I forgot to add - Wrigley somehow got the side of his kennel unhooked. I don't mean his door - I mean the actual side. The whole thing was down and then he crawled through a narrow crack against the wall.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Ohh naughty poos, I feel for you having to come home to it! This reminds me why I leave my boys in their main kennel and not in their crates in the house when I'm not home.

·
Registered
646 Posts
oh hun We have all been there and it sucks.
Mandy who was trained in days decided Christmas eve she had to poop.
She was just one on dec 8 anyways she nocked her gate down and pooped on the floor so 11pm xmas eve I am cleaning and scrubbing floors. Thankfully their room is ceramic but it stunk I was tired and grouchy.

Casey when we first got him would poop in his cage no matter how big or small it was. I washed him down daily for weeks but he finally got it. Now never a mess in there

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think every poodle out there has made their owners think at least once that burning the house down might be the only option...mine was the day I returned home from work when Schumann had developed a serious colitis after a trip to the groomer....yuck!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL - I have to say that Wrigley is my challenge. Sophie seems to have a much more laid back personality. Wrigley hates the car. I have to pick him up to put him in (that is QUITE the site). So every week for obedience class, he does GREAT in class and then out to the car we go and he stops and plants his feet and I have to reach down and lift the first half of his body in and then pick up the second half and get him in.
Our vet is about 25 minutes away and NEVER fails - the drooling starts and RIGHT when we pull in the parking lot - he pukes. (This has happened on more then one occasion).
It's a good thing they have those adorable eyes that look at you like - "You still love me right?" and then they tilt their heads and stare at you...who can resist that?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Been there before. The dogs I had you couldn't lock them in a kennel even
if you weren't going to be away long, they would poop and pee in it and
then it would get all in their fur...and just think about washing THAT out,
GROSS. They also were bad about using the bathroom in the house no
matter how much I tried working with them to house train, oh and knocking
over the trash was a favorite hobby. These were older dogs set in their
ways and because it went on for so long, almost every day and I was
just about to have a baby, I threw the towel in.

Anyways, hopefully the behavior with yours is just very temporary,
I feel for you!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Rufus used to puke everytime we went in the car. He doesn't do that anymore. I've heard that most get over it with age.

It will get better, it will get better, it will get better....just keep saying it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts